Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Do you tap your middle fingers when playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im sorry cessy. i know what you mean but its bad practice. if your experimenting or are playing to a good level then maybe its ok but i certainly wouldnt reccommend it you anyone starting off in the game.
    im dreaming of...a century:rolleyes: ..But one day...it will come.;)

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopy83
      im sorry cessy. i know what you mean but its bad practice. if your experimenting or are playing to a good level then maybe its ok but i certainly wouldnt reccommend it you anyone starting off in the game.
      No need to apologise. You are quite correct in that it should'nt be encouraged.
      Mon the Rocket

Comment

Originally Posted by Cessy143
        Yeah, it just seems to be a little habit that some players pick up. You'll notice some do it when cueing up before they strike the cue ball and some only do it once the cue ball has been struck.
        My mate does it pretty often and he cant explain why he does it. LOL

Comment

It does happen naturally when you spread out your fingers well, raise your knuckles and press your palm to the table. Apply pressure only on your palm, index finger and little finger. The middle fingers sort of raise in the air. Try it on your desk!

Comment

Originally Posted by hegeland
            It does happen naturally when you spread out your fingers well, raise your knuckles and press your palm to the table. Apply pressure only on your palm, index finger and little finger. The middle fingers sort of raise in the air. Try it on your desk!
            Didn't for me

Comment

It may take some practise!

Comment

It may take some practise!
                LOL, I dont want that habbit so I wont practise

Comment

That's very wise of you my friend! Not that I have the habbit myself, but one can never be too careful!

I was a little surprised though that you were unable to get the result I got from this little "hand practise". Oh well, bother.

Comment

no, I don't tap my middle finger when I'm playing but I notice that quite a few pros do like Ronnie - maybe that's the secret behind his success...hmm...

Comment

Originally Posted by sKyhiGh
                      no, I don't tap my middle finger when I'm playing but I notice that quite a few pros do like Ronnie - maybe that's the secret behind his success...hmm...
                      Yeah tapping the middle finger is the secret to success in snooker! Just ask Tony Meo!!

Comment

I experimented with this briefly. then i read joe davis' how i play snooker and realised there are more important things to learn! lol
                        im dreaming of...a century:rolleyes: ..But one day...it will come.;)

Comment

It worked: but I don't think pros apply that much pressure.
                          Science is a refinement of everyday thinking -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I never do it. I push all my bridge hand fingers tight against the cloth.

Comment

I have started doing this often as it takes my mind of trying to keep the rest of my body still over the shot, sort of like the golfers waggle I suppose.

Does not always result in a good shot though.
                              Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X