Why Do Audiences Clap Flukes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do Audiences Clap Flukes?

Why? It's not exactly a good shot well it might look good but not intended. I laugh when pro's fluke I dunno why I just do but Audiences clap like it's a brilliant shot I bet that pi$$es off the oppinent even more.

My personal opinion? They clap at it cause it's amusing. Like when you see a clown at a circus, you clap cause he amuses you. If you like clowns.
    "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

Yeah could be

Comment

LOL!! I think so too!
        Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

Originally Posted by ..KiD DyNaMiTe..
          Why? It's not exactly a good shot well it might look good but not intended. I laugh when pro's fluke I dunno why I just do but Audiences clap like it's a brilliant shot I bet that pi$$es off the oppinent even more.
          I think some of the audience that dont play the game cannot tell a good shot from a fluke. So they clap because they dont know any better
          "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Originally Posted by ..KiD DyNaMiTe..

Why Do Audiences Clap Flukes?
            cos theyd get thrown out if they shouted out "lucky bugger"

?

Comment

Crowds also clap when a player makes plant. Often the easiest shot.
              Mon the Rocket

Comment

Crowds are there to clap It's better than booing anyway
                ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Originally Posted by Cessy143
                  Crowds also clap when a player makes plant. Often the easiest shot.
                  Cessy, do you clap or click your fingers?

Comment

LOL

Sem, I often clap on my own. Most of the crowd don't know a good shot when they see one
                    Mon the Rocket

Comment

Originally Posted by Cessy143
                      LOL

Sem, I often clap on my own. Most of the crowd don't know a good shot when they see one

i wasnt having a laugh.

quite often sit in the crowd and start clapping even if theres nobody else doing so. thing is i do this at the interval too. erm

anyway, often, when watching play or practise, a click of the fingers is = to a clap and the players know this. i take it you know and are just pretending not to know?

Comment

Did'nt know that Sem, I just give a little clap.

In the Ronnie/Holt game yesterday, think it was the 2nd frame, Holt needed 20 or so snookers but kept playing. Ronnie started playing delibarate fouls, potting colours etc (not sure if this was shown on tv) but he played a great shot when he potted the pink and got smack on the yellow.

I clapped anyway, fantastic positional shot even though it was a foul. Commentators were in hoots
                        Mon the Rocket

Comment

They clap so the player will give them a little wave like they do, thats what they go for, forget the snooker, they go for the little waves. then they can brag to their mates, "youll never guess what, Ronnie waved at me the other day" ppl are so thick these days theyd probs say "who, ronnie barker?"

Comment

there is nothing worse than getting the clap!

Comment

both LOL!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X