Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed

Hi i am new to the forum and was looking for some advice.

I have been playing snooker a couple of times a week for about 2 years and have decided to get myself a decent cue. The problem is i have no idea which one to go for and more importantly which lengh as i am only 5ft 5 and find when playing with a standard lengh cue of between 57-58" i am not holding the cue far enough down the but which then affects the balance when playing a shot.

I was thinking a cue of approx 55" would suit me better and if so would it have to be a custom cue. I have been looking at the cues on greenbaize web site and like the selection of cues he's got can anyone please advise

Thanks in advance, from one short snookerplayer

Ken Doherty's about your height. Maybe you can find out on his website what cue he uses? This bit of info should tie you over until the people who know something useful come along to tell you more!
    "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

Welcome to the Forum!
      There are lots of memebrs on here who will help you with a cue.
      Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

I think a good rule to follow is the cue should reach just above your shoulders. Make sure the cue is comfortable to use. Expensive isn't always best so shop around for the cue that suits you best. I bought mine second-hand for £15.
        www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Getting a custom cue is one option!
          I have been to craftsman cues in leeds a few times and they have big selection of new and old cues now they will usually have a couple of shorter cues in stock. In fact I was playing with an old Riley Tombstone cue on Saturday there, that must have been around 55-56in. Cracking cue in maple £70 I would have bought it but it was too small for me.
          You might find something on ebay too look for old cues!
          Hmmm barracudas were short too!

Comment

Working...
          X