Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snooker pros coaching?

April and I were wondering...

are there any pros on the circuit who also work as (part-time) coaches? (and I don't mean busses, even if it may sound like that, lol) I'm thinking esp. of the lower ranked players who maybe can't make a living with playing alone...

anyone know?

Brian Morgan (Does he still play though?) coaches.

Don't know about any other players.

Comment

Stephen Rowlings is one, he coaches Ian McCullough!

Comment

Terry Griffiths coaches (or has coached) many players - Hendry, Maguire, Williams, Fu..................... and he used to drive a bus before becoming a snooker player!

Also PAul Davies coaches a friend of a friend of mine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
        ' Watch the cueball bounce off at a wider angle after it hits the cushion' - Willie Thorne describing a shot played with screw and reverse side.

Comment

the real question is

what is you'r level

there is good instruction of ray and davis
          that teach the besic method

if you wonna go forward , buy a table 12 ft only cause
          this is the professional way.....

(sorry for my english i'm israeli)

have fun......

Comment

Originally Posted by austrian_girl
            April and I were wondering...

are there any pros on the circuit who also work as (part-time) coaches? (and I don't mean busses, even if it may sound like that, lol) I'm thinking esp. of the lower ranked players who maybe can't make a living with playing alone...

anyone know?
            Nigel Bond coaches
            Visit www.TheSnookerFarm.com

Comment

Originally Posted by The White
              Brian Morgan (Does he still play though?) coaches.

Don't know about any other players.
              I think Brian is training for his pilots licence. No doubt doing a spot of coaching as a side line.

Comment

Originally Posted by Stunrunthru
                Terry Griffiths coaches (or has coached) many players - Hendry, Maguire, Williams, Fu..................... and he used to drive a bus before becoming a snooker player!
                Indeed, Terry was a top amateur while working as a miner, blacksmiths assistant, bus conductor, insurance salesman, postman...

It is is fair to say that he would have been a top pro during the 70's had there been enough money in the game to turn pro. As it was, he had a young family to feed and a mortgage to pay, so he didn't "take the plunge" as it were, until mid-78. In fact his first tournament as a professional, the '78 Coral UK Championships, saw him lead Rex Williams 8-2 yet lose 9-8! "What have I done?", he must have thought.

Comment

Working...
                X