crap play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crap play

ok i'm not the best in the world, but lately i have realy lost interest in the game. you can tell by the way i play. what can i do to get back into it. i play in a league and i'm starting to let the team down. i just dont seem to have any consitancy at all. short game is crap long is worse.

Originally Posted by garyp
    ok i'm not the best in the world, but lately i have realy lost interest in the game. you can tell by the way i play. what can i do to get back into it. i play in a league and i'm starting to let the team down. i just dont seem to have any consitancy at all. short game is crap long is worse.
    I guess your team may be relying on you but if you are not enjoying it maybe just take a break from it ? After all It's meant to be an enjoyable hobby for your valuable free time. Its not as if you earn your living from it and you have to do it. Especially if you are not enjoying it.

Come back to it if and when your interest recovers and you "feel the urge"
    "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Are you getting in much solo practice?

Practice on your own the night before your league match and it might motivate you to play better. I always play better in practice and try to emulate this in match play.

If you only play Snooker when you have an opponent you don't get a chance to go over problem areas and can then feel that you wont play well which wil lead to a lack of motivation.
      www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Originally Posted by garyp

If you've lost interest, I suggest a little break.

You'll likely miss playing and get the 'bug' for it again.
        Mon the Rocket

Comment

Contact Mark Williams.
          Or find out what the hell he did before China.
          1994 a good year
          The Masters a great event
          The Final a marvellous match
          The Winner a snooker genius
          Alan McManus The Winner
          Stephen Hendry The Loser

1994 a good year....

Comment

Originally Posted by mcmanusrules
            Contact Mark Williams.
            Or find out what the hell he did before China.
            Damn right. He's got some perseverance and motivation, has that man.

Comment

thanks guys i'm not going to play for 3 weeks and then i'll go down on my own and see if it gets any better.

Comment

Working...
              X