Talisman soft... Or maybe medium????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
    The correct shape for a cue tip is to be rounded, so it mirrors the shape of the ball. So, in effect, you're looking to achieve a more spherical domed top to it than a sharp pyramid shape. If you do shape it as a more pyramid / peaked kind of shape, then no doubt, the tip will feel softer from new, and once it has had some constant impacts from shots played, it will become more rounded and will firm up in the process. This rounded shape is actually what it should be like, and when it is like this, Talismans "WILL" feel pretty hard on all but the most soft contact cues.

As we know and (if you can be bothered) constantly read here, different tips will be suggested as being "the best", when in fact, there is no best. Different players will like a different contact sound to the next, and while "some" tips are perhaps more consistent in their characteristics, cues are often very different in their own particular contact sound, with some being hard and slightly metallic, some hard and more woody sounding and others more soft and slightly dulled or numb sounding. This natural contact sound of any cue can be altered to some extent by the use of a certain tip, and this is what people will find is to their tastes. For you, I'd say the issue is with yourself and not the tips. Perhaps you need to find something which is more suited to you, but whatever you do, the tip should be shaped as above for best results.
    In your opinion, are there any brand if tips you would suggest that remain soft

Comment

Can anyone reccomend a laminated tip that is the softest

Comment

Originally Posted by FMeister View Post
        Can anyone reccomend a laminated tip that is the softest
        hercules h2
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          hercules h2
          Are these softer than the mw's

Comment

yes but its a completely different thing.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              yes but its a completely different thing.
              I'll order it from ebay, do you have any MW's ? I have heard they are softer than the talismans

Comment

Originally Posted by FMeister View Post
                I'll order it from ebay, do you have any MW's ? I have heard they are softer than the talismans
                i hate giving ebay money £490 this month. the layered mk are similar to the talisman the pressed ones are not soft but good.

Comment

Just watched your youtube clip trev, i can just imagine your misses going off on one if you forget to clean the kitchen worktop afterwards, especially if you do a few.

Comment

i can just imagine your misses going off on one if you forget to clean the kitchen worktop afterwards, especially if you do a few.
                    LOL, so can I!
                    Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

Thanks guys for all your help,

I submitted an earlier response but it says it is being verified by a moderator before it can be seen (whatever that means).

Anyway, trev was right in the fact that the tip would flatten and would harden in the process. My only question is if the same applies if I rounded the tip in a dome shape when initially fitting the tip on. Will it harden after a while or will it remain soft?

I have loved the response of the talsiman softs before it all goes pear shaped when it flattens. I will be arming myself with the H2 and MW and see if they are suited more to my style of play.
                      Last edited by FMeister; 21 August 2011, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X