aiming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aiming

Hi everyone! I play snooker about 4 years...my break is 49..i have one question..what aiming method is best? I try new and new methods and it is not good for my game..I try ghost ball, aiming of a point or overlap method..What aiming method prefers for example Ding...thanks for response

chesterr:

Don't even worry about it as aiming will come with experience and practice. The most used methods are either 'ghost ball' or else 'BOB - (Back-Of-Ball)' which is really just another form of ghost ball. Easiest method is to either imagine a ghost cueball in the plant position and aim for the centre of that imaginary cueball or else imagine the cueball making contact with its leading edge on a point on the object ball which is directly opposite to the spot on the pocket you want the object ball to hit.

However, until you are delivering the cue consistently straight the aiming method is all academic anyway. Your brain will automatically pick the correct line of aim but you will not be able to deliver the cue straight and that is why you miss pots.

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I just wanted to add to Terry's point which i do agree with. This is all in assumption that 1) you are delivering the cue straight and 2) you are shooting with no english at all. Side spins tend to create "throw" which a lot of people get confused by

Comment

thank you...and do you know about some exercise? and what is it a BOB method...thank you

Comment

Hey Chester there are a lot of excellent potting excercises im sure you can search them up online but my only suggestion would be to play the SAME shot over and over again until you know it...If you ever get the chance to see a professional do his practice routines they usually do the same thing over and over for hours...so once again lotta excercises out there but just in my opinion stick to the same shot over and over...btw the most common shots you get in a game are the best shots you should be practicing as they are huge confidence killers when you miss them

Comment

There are many videos you can get from youtube. "snooker pro tips" is one of them.
            Excercise would be try to pot the blue off its spot with white on the baulk line into the last pocket.
            Make sure it's straight and you can try top spin and deep screw. to check your cueing.

Comment

Originally Posted by Freddie Ng View Post
              There are many videos you can get from youtube. "snooker pro tips" is one of them.
              Excercise would be try to pot the blue off its spot with white on the baulk line into the last pocket.
              Make sure it's straight and you can try top spin and deep screw. to check your cueing.
              "Snooker pro tips" is my third favourite Youtube channel, favourite being Monty Python and FTV Hot Lingerie channel a very close second...
              When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

youtube, look for Del Hill part 1, it's posted by Mr Topbreak and there is 6 parts, tells you all you need to know about aiming. Excellent

Comment

Chester I know a lot of guys are telling you to search certain youtube channels or even certain coaches like Del hill but i want to caution you on doing that...It is good to research and watch videos but be very careful because sometimes each coach teaches differently yes they do have their similarities but watching too many different videos could at times change your technique too much and mess it up in result

Comment

Working...
                  X