Glue????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glue????

Hi guys and dolls.....don't know if it just me....but it seems that the last few tips I have used just do not seem to hold the chalk (look shiny etc). Is this down to the glue I am using (super glue gel)...I previously used Evostick (non-toxic etc) or just a bad bunch of tips as usual??????? Anyway...all opinions are welcome.

Cheers

Do you sand the top of the tip prior to use to rough it up initially?
    Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

I wouldn't think it's the glue since that is on the bottom of the tip and doesn't soak through the tip. Most tips will become a little shiny on top after use and a little rub with very fine sandpaper (200-300grit) will roughen them up a bit, but don't sand hard or long...just enough to take the shine off.

I use Talisman and Kamui tips with Tweetens green chalk and I find the tips take the chalk fine so I don't roughen up my tips at all

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

More likely just a bad tip.

Comment

Hi folks......I've been thinking some more about this....do you think it's possible that the temperature of the my house could be affecting the tip (I know this sound's silly). I have a solid leather case etc.....so my cue is pretty much looked after in that sense.....and yes Deepscrew...I do sand the tip but only from the side's downwards and then bed it in during practice and then reshape after a few frames if that makes sense. Terry...I've toyed with the idea of using other tips such as Talisman and Kamui but I've always played with blue diamond mainly...have used the occasional elk master but prefer diamond. Bigmeek....I cannot remember the last time that I actually liked the tip I had on my cue....don't know...maybe it's just in my head...aaaaarrrrrgh...hahaha

Comment

I think it was Rex Williams who once said never use sandpaper on your tip, he advised tapping the tip, not too hard, with a file whilst holding the cue a few inches off the floor, this loosen's embedded chalk and prepares the tip for fresh chalk, I find this to work fine although I sometimes use a fine sandpaper occasionally, sorry Rex.
            People say I disagree a lot, but I don't think I do.

Comment

Originally Posted by rongreen View Post
              I think it was Rex Williams who once said never use sandpaper on your tip, he advised tapping the tip, not too hard, with a file whilst holding the cue a few inches off the floor, this loosen's embedded chalk and prepares the tip for fresh chalk, I find this to work fine although I sometimes use a fine sandpaper occasionally, sorry Rex.
              Funnily enough that's what I do,although I was not aware that Rex had advised it though.Does work well, but I have to admit to using sandpaper just recently as I cannot find a file to replace the nice small one that fitted into my case.

Mark

Comment

Working...
              X