Manual for overseas viewers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual for overseas viewers!!

As this question has been asked numerous times I've put up a thread how to adjust your pc to view the bbc online snooker coverage (or any other sports).

Its actually Petra from the beeb board who has given me a lesson how to operate the whole thing. Pity I have not seen her on this board.

Step 1. Click on extra in your explorer browser.
    Step 2. Click on internet options
    Step 3. Click on Connections
    Step 4. Click on Lan
    Step 5. Tick the box proxy server
    step 6. Type in adress : 129.12.3.75 and in gate 3128
    click OK
    Step 7. Adjust your PC time to GMT in the timezone

Step 8. Refresh the whole bbc snooker page.
    et voila, Les Tables est la!

It should work now.

After watching the snooker, dont forget to adjust your pc to the standard settings!
    It can be possible the server does not work anymore. Here is a link where you have a list of dozens of proxy servers. You have to chose one located in the UK.

http://www.samair.ru/proxy/

Very good Sir, although earlier today I got it to work without having to adjust the clock, java or proxy. Guess it was some temporary thing...

Comment

I experienced later, adjusting to my normal server it still was playing, but when i changed tables it stopped playing.

Comment

Originally Posted by PaulTheSoave
        I experienced later, adjusting to my normal server it still was playing, but when i changed tables it stopped playing.
        Yeah, it's like playing russian roulette. Except the deadly part.

Maybe you should include a link to a proxy site in your original message? (eg. samair)

Comment

It seems to check only once on getting in.
          Here is a working proxy btw. as Paul's doesn't work at all for me...
          66.165.172.163 port 80

Comment

when you mention disable Java, I would assume you mean Javascript, as Java and Javascript are two different thing
            ---

Comment

Maybe because you are based in Israel?

Comment

you can check if the proxy is working or not by pinging it (open the command prompt, write ping "address here", if it works, will show the response time - the lower the time is, the faster is the proxy server)
                ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

In the advanced options there is only one box for Java (sun).

Originally Posted by Sarmu
                  when you mention disable Java, I would assume you mean Javascript, as Java and Javascript are two different thing

Comment

Maybe because you are based in Israel?
                    that might well be...

Comment

In the advanced options there is only one box for Java (sun).
                      Hm i'm wondering why would Java (sun) prevent you watching
                      ---

Comment

Originally Posted by hegeland
                        Very good Sir, although earlier today I got it to work without having to adjust the clock, java or proxy. Guess it was some temporary thing...
                        Yea, I'm pretty sure I've made it work without setting up proxy or anything else, I guess it was a temporary thing
                        ---

Comment

Its very simple. It was Petra who told me and i always follow ladies orders!

Originally Posted by Sarmu
                          Hm i'm wondering why would Java (sun) prevent you watching

Comment

As usual nothing of this works for me... !!!!! But good of you paul and others who tries to give us a possibility to watch...
                            2010 World Open Prediction Contest Winner

Comment

well then try doing this as well:
                              Open RealPlayer - then Tools-Preferences-Proxy-Change Settings-HTTP Proxy-Use Proxy: [then type the proxy address and port]

it's working for me this way - i did everything that Paul wrote, and this. The only problem is that it stops playing after 20-30 seconds, i guess that the proxy's fault?

*hmm, strange i tried to go to table one and it's not working now...
                              **well it's working again, it's most likely the proxy's fault

Comment

Working...
                              X