Question for Statman..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Statman..

The last two frames of Hendry-O'Sullivan saw an aggregate of 88 points scored.

I don't suppose you have any idea if this is a record for two consecuitive frames? (for whatever reason)

Daft question I know, but someone has to keep your brain cells ticking over!

Originally Posted by Ginger_Freak
    The last two frames of Hendry-O'Sullivan saw an aggregate of 88 points scored.

I don't suppose you have any idea if this is a record for two consecuitive frames? (for whatever reason)

Daft question I know, but someone has to keep your brain cells ticking over!
    Yeah I did notice that the frame O'Sullivan won included a bizarrely low score – didn't he win it with fewer than 50 points?

I'll look into it for you but it will be very difficult to find a definitive answer.

Comment

Originally Posted by The Statman
      Yeah I did notice that the frame O'Sullivan won included a bizarrely low score – didn't he win it with fewer than 50 points?

Indeed, 49-15 was the score!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ginger_Freak
        Indeed, 49-15 was the score!
        The best candidate I can think of to beat this would be the 4-1 scoreline at which Small conceded that frame to McManus at Sheffield in 2004. But the lowest-scoring of the two neighbouring frames was 89, so that's 94 in total.

So I would guess you are right.

The frame in World Qualifying when Paul Wykes lost a frame 12-0 on three Misses might be another candidate, but I don't have the remining scores to hand just now.

Comment

I thought the lowest score frame was 34-16,but don't remember who or when
          Ah,you mean two frames? Could be!
          2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
          2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Working...
          X