what cue does Hendry use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what cue does Hendry use?

Hi Guys. Had few arguments with my mates which cue that Hendry is using at the moment. We alll know he is using a maple shaft cue, but is it a parris or master cue? (or sth else). thanks

It's a Parris that was made to replace his old powerglide!
    Master cues are quite good but Ukrit who runs it seems to like to spred a bit of misinformation. He gets photgraphs with every player he can get his hands on and posts them on the website, not wrong in itself but this makes lots of people think that some pro's have master cues that don't. I have also heard tales of Ukrit downright lying but can't confirm that as I havent heard it first hand!

Comment

thanks for your information. one of our major local cue supplier told us that John Parris had made 4 cues for Hendry to replace his old cue. At the end, Hendry didnot take any of them and using a plain ebony butt master cue instead.

And is Ding still using a master cue?

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford
        It's a Parris that was made to replace his old powerglide!
        Master cues are quite good but Ukrit who runs it seems to like to spred a bit of misinformation. He gets photgraphs with every player he can get his hands on and posts them on the website, not wrong in itself but this makes lots of people think that some pro's have master cues that don't. I have also heard tales of Ukrit downright lying but can't confirm that as I havent heard it first hand!
        well juz to clarify things a bit, but i think ukrit from master cue is an honest man if u ask me. i have known him for quite a no of yrs, so do some of my friends. he is a humble man,as most thai people do. i don't think you have ever heard master cue mentioning any pro players using their cues in their website.

in master cue website, in fact the pic shows more players holding the cue cases rather than cues as their cases are very very well made and is not surprising many will buy those leather cases esp if given a good discount. those pics were mostly taken during the thailand masters or open championships where master and omin hold some sort of trade shows.

regarding henry's new cue, it is suppose to be a parris. i have also heard the maple shaft is bought from master cue and assembled by parris. if i have e chance i will ask ukrit about it. most might not know but china and taiwan have a lot of buying power when coming to woods. example a certain pool company in taiwan doing mass production for few usa pool cue brands has 7 floors of maple, exotic woods for pool cue making waiting to be seasoned over years. in china u can buy a john parris exclusive for only i think 10 pounds. e problems with john parris is that there are many fakes out there and all this is affecting his reputation.

Comment

Originally Posted by dliu317
          thanks for your information. one of our major local cue supplier told us that John Parris had made 4 cues for Hendry to replace his old cue. At the end, Hendry didnot take any of them and using a plain ebony butt master cue instead.

And is Ding still using a master cue?
          No, Hendry is using a Parris Ultimate cue which he had 3 seasons ago. JP sent him up 3 cues for him to choose from and he picked one out and sent the other 2 back.
          As for Ding he is not using a Master cue. He had his cue stolen last season and is now using a cue made by Paul Stamford (stamfordcuemakers), he also has a snazzy case by them too.

Comment

Thanks cueman you beat me to that!
            As for Ukrit I don't know him but I have been told a couple of stories!
            A couple have been related to claiming that he makes parris cues or part makes Parris cues!
            I tell you what ask Ukrit if he makes some Parris cues if he says yes then we'll ask John and see what he says!
            And I know on the site it doesn't say that the player have Master cues but I'm telling you that some people I've spoken to in forums are fooled by this!
            Parris does the same a little by have people on his site who's cues he's worked on and not necessarily made!

Comment

Thanks cueman you beat me to that!
              As for Ukrit I don't know him but I have been told a couple of stories!
              A couple have been related to claiming that he makes parris cues or part makes Parris cues!
              I tell you what ask Ukrit if he makes some Parris cues if he says yes then we'll ask John and see what he says!
              And I know on the site it doesn't say that the player have Master cues but I'm telling you that some people I've spoken to in forums are fooled by this!
              Parris does the same a little by have people on his site who's cues he's worked on and not necessarily made!
              haha good one watford.

i think at e end of e day, is still e business sense that matters after all.

well interestingly, 1 ex thai national player that i know of ask ukrit before is it true his company was making half finished cues or whole cues for John Parris. and the answer was that there are some sort of business connections going on but nothing more was revealed.

from my side which i have heard, JP and master cue actually fall out few years ago because JP thought master cue was making fake JP out there. from my understanding, some sort of business connection have been resumed already since.

by e way watford, how is ur cue ordering getting on? :P

Comment

I'm getting a Trevor White cue!
                He was recommended by cueman and ADR147 plus I've heard good things about him over a number of years. He's not very easy to find if you don't know someone with his e-mail.
                I mailed him after ADR147 posted the address and he really sounded like the man for the job.
                He's a little dearer than some of the makers like craftsman etc. but is cheaper than Parris and Wooldridge.
                My cue is going to be £260, for what I wanted originally! (this may be altering)
                It's going to be 1 piece.
                It was going to have ebony butt, Thuya Burr splice no veneer but now I'm thinking of having a Macassar ebony butt but Trevor thinks the Thyua might get a little lost and may need a veneer. So I'm thinking about it!

Comment

I'm getting a Trevor White cue!
                  He was recommended by cueman and ADR147 plus I've heard good things about him over a number of years. He's not very easy to find if you don't know someone with his e-mail.
                  I mailed him after ADR147 posted the address and he really sounded like the man for the job.
                  He's a little dearer than some of the makers like craftsman etc. but is cheaper than Parris and Wooldridge.
                  My cue is going to be £260, for what I wanted originally! (this may be altering)
                  It's going to be 1 piece.
                  It was going to have ebony butt, Thuya Burr splice no veneer but now I'm thinking of having a Macassar ebony butt but Trevor thinks the Thyua might get a little lost and may need a veneer. So I'm thinking about it!
                  wow..... looks like u b getting a very good cue. a few cue makers i contacted with was quoting me like 70 pounds for delivery. 70 pounds delivery is going to be a strain on me i think so i m still in e minst of making up my mind. basically mine will be 1 pc too with a front splice of amboyna burr and a thick maple veneer. style like a burwat. haha.

macassar ebony do u oso mean striped ebony? it will look really cool in contrast wif thurya burr..

Comment

Yeah Macassar ebony is striped ebony!
                    If I have a veneer it will be a think light splices like a burwat!
                    I'm still not 100% sure what to do!

Comment

haha.. i believe ur cue will be a great looking one. hope to get to see some of the pic of ur cue when it is ready....

Comment

No problem!
                        Let me know how you are going on with your new cue!
                        £70 postage is alot but I suppose it's cheaper than comming over and getting it!
                        You could make a holiday of it and go to the world champs while you're here!
                        That might set you back a few quid though!

Comment

Can you post Trevor White`s details so others can enquire about getting a cue from him, also will you post pics of your cue once received. What does Trevor White`s price for your cue compare to other manufacturers you had got quotes from.

Comment

As I said he's a little bit more expensive than some!
                            The same cue would be around £50-£60 cheaper from Robin, Coutts or Stamford cues.
                            They all have websites so it's easier to compare.
                            Craftsman may have been cheaper still but I didn't end up getting a quote from Dave because I got speaking to Trevor and decided to use him.
                            North West cues are highly reguarded but I couldn't find an e-mail address for Kev.
                            Trevor White is a top bloke though I'll PM you the address!

Comment

After Sunday's final I can only conclude that the cue Stephen Hendry uses is a breadstick from the Italian place down the street, with butter for a tip and a chunk of cheese for a handle.
                              "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

Working...
                              X