Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Ever Been World and UK Runner Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Ever Been World and UK Runner Up?

In the same year of course.

Jimmy White 1991
    and Doherty 1998
    You play a long slow deadweight red to a corner pocket. As it approaches the pocket, a kamikaze woodlouse crawls out from under the cushion and makes its way across the table, conflicting with the path of the red precisely at the point the red gets there. The red, needless to say, veers off course, and the future of the woodlouse is uncertain. - The Statman

Comment

You mean same season or same 12 month period?

Comment

Originally Posted by Mitsuko
        Jimmy White 1991
        and Doherty 1998
        Yes, that's true
        2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
        2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

I have a new question, who has lost the most finals without winning any ranking tournament in their career??
          You play a long slow deadweight red to a corner pocket. As it approaches the pocket, a kamikaze woodlouse crawls out from under the cushion and makes its way across the table, conflicting with the path of the red precisely at the point the red gets there. The red, needless to say, veers off course, and the future of the woodlouse is uncertain. - The Statman

Comment

I'm gonna guess Nigel Bond.
            "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

T A Dennis?

Comment

Originally Posted by Mitsuko
                I have a new question, who has lost the most finals without winning any ranking tournament in their career??
                Surprisingly (perhaps), no player has appeared in more than two ranking finals without winning one! Here are the figures: http://www.thesnookerforum.com/showthread-t_1580.html

But that has only recently been the case. Graeme Dott was on 3 or 4 before he won the World Championship, and before him Matthew Stevens had been on 2 or 3 before winning the UK.

But, as it stands at the moment, it is the players listed on the above link, with two finals.

Comment

But it would have been dennis if it was ranking back then though right?

Comment

elvaago,

Nigel Bond has won a ranking tournament, British Open 1996 if my memory serves me correctly.

SD147

Comment

Originally Posted by SD147
                      elvaago,

Nigel Bond has won a ranking tournament, British Open 1996 if my memory serves me correctly.

SD147
                      Yes, beating John Higgins 9-8 on the black after being about 67 behind in the decider!

Comment

Working...
                      X