Break off shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break off shot

I've watched snooker for years and years and I've always thought that the break off shot was done alternately...

However tonight in the UK final, that was not the case. In fact, I thought that Hendry broke off in the first 3 frames! Not sure if that is accurate, but he definitely broke off in the 2nd and 3rd frames, followed by 2 in a row from Ebdon!

Is it always like this because if so, I can't believe I haven't noticed before!

Thanks,

Rich

Originally Posted by rich45
    I've watched snooker for years and years and I've always thought that the break off shot was done alternately...

However tonight in the UK final, that was not the case. In fact, I thought that Hendry broke off in the first 3 frames! Not sure if that is accurate, but he definitely broke off in the 2nd and 3rd frames, followed by 2 in a row from Ebdon!

Is it always like this because if so, I can't believe I haven't noticed before!

Thanks,

Rich
    I'm afraid you are mistaken. I just watched my recording. Hendry broke off in frame one, Ebdon in frame two and Hendry in frame three. Ebdon broke off in frame four and Hendry in frame five.

Comment

Ok thanks...me and my brother must be going mad as we both thought the same! How strange.

Comment

Don't worry, I thought that aswell
        You play a long slow deadweight red to a corner pocket. As it approaches the pocket, a kamikaze woodlouse crawls out from under the cushion and makes its way across the table, conflicting with the path of the red precisely at the point the red gets there. The red, needless to say, veers off course, and the future of the woodlouse is uncertain. - The Statman

Comment

Snooker players, they all look alike these days. Have you noticed that? Same haircut, same waistcoats. God bless Barry Pinches!
          "I'll be back next year." --Jimmy White

Comment

Originally Posted by rich45
            Ok thanks...me and my brother must be going mad as we both thought the same! How strange.
            Either that or you'd been drinking Rich!
            Winner of Crucible 77's 2009 World Championship Lucky Dip.

Comment

Originally Posted by Valderie
              Either that or you'd been drinking Rich!
              Good point!

Seriously though, it didn't seem to be alternate at all! We were even thinking about telling Jan Verhaas...how embarrassing would that have been?!

Comment

Originally Posted by elvaago
                . God bless Barry Pinches!
                And Dominic Dale!

Comment

Originally Posted by elvaago
                  Snooker players, they all look alike these days. Have you noticed that? Same haircut, same waistcoats. God bless Barry Pinches!
                  LOL. I thought Peter Ebdon's waistcoats are quite distictive, at least if you're not colorblind Some of waistcoats he has worn were actually very interesting

just a small example...
                  Attached Files
                  ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Originally Posted by April madness
                    LOL. I thought Peter Ebdon's waistcoats are quite distictive, at least if you're not colorblind Some of waistcoats he used to wear were actually very interesting
                    lol! Poor man,he can't help it

Comment

I don't care who is breaking usually
                      2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                      2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Working...
                      X