Most Snookers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Snookers

I beleive Mark King holds the record for the most fouls in a frame, but can anyone tell me who has needed the most snookers and gone on to win that frame. Thanks.

I think I had asked this question earlier and the answer was Peter Ebdon needed 6 snookers on the pink. I think Rob told me this. Correct?
    Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

I definitely remember watching John Spencer beat Jimmy White in a frame, but they were only showing it in an in-between moment during a lull in live coverage some years ago. But then I found reference to said incident in a book at home – I'll have a look and see if I can work out which book it was, and report back. I seem to remember it was either 6 or 7 snookers.

Comment

Found it.

It was the 1983 Jameson International quarter-final; 3-2 down to Jimmy White in their best-of-9 match, he trailed 74-16 with one red left, so 58 behind and 35 on – needing six snookers.

He gained 23 points from five White fouls, gained a free ball and cleared with 40 to win 74-79 on the black.

It is an interesting statistic that this quarter-final defeat actually produced the biggest pay-cheque of Spencer's career – a 20-year career that included three world titles – as he collected £9,000.

Comment

I have it on video. It was in the British Open at the Assembly Rooms, Derby. Jimmy made a break of 74 leaving John needing six snookers, which he got and then cleared up to win! John also made a cracking break of 100 in that match.

Comment

Something not right, somewhere?

Comment

Thankyou Statman and Cyril

Comment

Originally Posted by Cyril
                I have it on video. It was in the British Open at the Assembly Rooms, Derby. Jimmy made a break of 74 leaving John needing six snookers, which he got and then cleared up to win! John also made a cracking break of 100 in that match.
                Could we have the video please? it would be good if uploaded on some uploading site? Thanx Cyril
                Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

I dont know how you do things like that. Its in VHS. I remember the ref was John Williams, commentators were Rex Williams and John Pulman. It was the sixth frame, with Jimmy ahead 3-2. Jim did play, as Pully remarked, "one or two rather imprudent strokes..."

Comment

Working...
                  X