Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winging pom

Hi.
    I know that if two fouls happen in the one stroke the highest penalty of the two is awarded.
    What happens in the following situation.A player on a red hits the green instead and carries on further to also hit the black,is that regarded as two fouls and therefore 7points penalty or merely one penalty and 4 points.
    I realise that if the said black had finished in a pocket it would have been two fouls and a 7 penalty.The event of hitting the green then on to hit the black does not seem so clear and I cannot see anything in the rules that is revelent.My own opinion is that it is one foul and 4 points penalty,but the more I think about it I cannot see any logical explanation why both situations are not regarded as two fouls,what makes the difference,if there is one.

it's a 4 point penalty but somebody else will be able to explain why better than me.
    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

section 3 10 Penalties,
      (b) value of the ball on or ball concerned, whichever is higher, by:
      (iii) causing a ball not on to enter a pocket;
      (iv) causing the cue-ball to first hit a ball not on;

so in your scenario, the cue ball was caused to first hit a ball not on, so 4 points for hitting the Green. Hitting the Black subsequently is not causing to first hit.
      As you say, if the Black was pocketed, 7 points (value being higher).
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

DeanH has it spot on.

Comment

Working...
        X