Baulk line and D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baulk line and D

Can someone please tell me what is used (chalk, pen, etc) to draw in the baulk line and D, and how exactly it's done. I'm always impressed (specially now with HD) at how fine yet defined the lines are.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Can someone please tell me what is used (chalk, pen, etc) to draw in the baulk line and D, and how exactly it's done. I'm always impressed (specially now with HD) at how fine yet defined the lines are.
    There are many consumer grade pencils and pens and you draw the D with a simple plastic device with a hole at each end, see the 6th item and following few items here:
    http://www.snookerstuff.com/accessories.html
    "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
    - Linus Pauling

Comment

What a great website!

Thanks for posting it.

Comment

It is very smart to use a water-based black felt tip pen or similar as when it comes time to stretch the cloth the old marks can be erased (except for the wear on the spots of course).

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by steve clarke View Post
          What a great website!

Thanks for posting it.
          Yes, very interesting. Thanks, nrage. Some of the packaging on that website looks like it's from the 40s!
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
          X