No announcement yet.

Getting used to a new cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive played twice now with my old cue and i playing alot better with it. Im taking my new one back today...

Comment

Originally Posted by nickdarke85
      Ive played twice now with my old cue and i playing alot better with it. Im taking my new one back today...

Why the change if I may ask?

Comment

Everyone is changing there cue's lately and alot aren't happy with there new one.

Im so worried i'll be the same, oooh well i'll have stick with mine.

Comment

It turns out i couldnt take it because ive changed the tip so i guess il just try and get used to it...

Comment

Ah well Sir! You just had a dirty weekend again!

Originally Posted by lagermike
            Whenever I get a new cue I spend several months wishing that I hadn't! But you do get used to it.

Getting a new cue is a bit like making love to a beautiful woman, at first you are a bit unsure, you feel under pressure to perform well and it can be mentally exhausting. But after a while you start to get your eye in, you can slide it through with a good rhythmic action and you actually even start to enjoy yourself!!

Give it time, nuff said!

Comment

Originally Posted by PaulTheSoave
              Ah well Sir! You just had a dirty weekend again!

There are no flies on you old friend!
              "And slowly and surely they drew their plans against us"

Comment

No, but loads of manure! LOOOOOOOLLLLL!!!

There are no flies on you old friend!

Comment

Originally Posted by PaulTheSoave
                  No, but loads of manure! LOOOOOOOLLLLL!!!

Did you attend the Eindhoven mardi gras?

I was there last Tuesday for the big PSV Arsenal match!
                  "And slowly and surely they drew their plans against us"

Comment

Pity you did not mention. It is just near my hometown. We could have had a dutch pint, but i bet you bottled it! (like Jimmy).

Did you attend the Eindhoven mardi gras?

I was there last Tuesday for the big PSV Arsenal match!

Comment

The cue I am interested in is 2 pc, and although hand made etc (Peradon Royal), it probably isn't butt heavy. I want a cue that can give me a lot of reaction on the white with ease. Is a 3/4 pieced cue better for this? The cue I am interested in is obviously not custom made and I don't want a custom made cue because of the time it will take to make it. What handmade 2pc'd cues are butt heavy?

Now I am re-evaluating my decision.

Comment

Originally Posted by -Blade-
                        The cue I am interested in is 2 pc, and although hand made etc (Peradon Royal), it probably isn't butt heavy. I want a cue that can give me a lot of reaction on the white with ease. Is a 3/4 pieced cue better for this? The cue I am interested in is obviously not custom made and I don't want a custom made cue because of the time it will take to make it. What handmade 2pc'd cues are butt heavy?

Blade, you've got mail.

Comment

A 2pc royal sounds like a good choice to me. That's what I wished I'd got when I bought my last cue! Insted of the regency I did get!
                          2pc cues are not usually back heavy but a well made 3/4 isn't usually either.
                          I personally hate back weighted cues!
                          Go and try the cues see what you like!
                          Or listen to Trevs1 he made my new cue!

Comment

Originally Posted by -Blade-

There is no such thing really as a cue that can give a lot of reaction on the cueball with ease. That is down to your cue action and most importantly timing. You can get a lot of reaction with a 11mm tip if your cue action is good, look how good Ebdon is with his 11/12 mm tip!

Obviously a smaller tip will give you more spin but then you lose the accuracy, so what is the point in generating a lot of spin if you don't pot the object ball!

No 2 piece cues are butt heavy, not unless they have weight added in the butt end. Even then there is a limit to how much weight you can add without the cue having a horrible balance position which would be awful to play with.
                            3/4 cues usually have a solid ebony butt which gives natural balance and more weight in the butt end. Depending on the joint position you can basically have the weight anywhere in the butt end of the cue, ideally a joint about 14/16 inches from the butt end is best and should give you what you are looking for.

Comment

I love my new cue now...

Comment

lol, quick change of mind hey nick.

Comment

Working...
                                X