judd trump cueing across the shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• judd trump cueing across the shot

anyone else noticed judd cueing across the shot one long pots when he was playing ronnie? Noticed it 3 times and sure enough he missed every time.

just tense rimmer

Comment

A lot of players use side even on straight shots, its habit that forms from learning the game playing on club tables in order to get movement out of the cueball. Ronnie uses side more than any other player and yet he's the best around.

Comment

cueman:

I believe rimmer is referring to the cue not being delivered straight. When using side you line up parallel to the line of aim however the cue is still delivered straight, or should be at least. You will get unintentional side however if you don't deliver the cue absolutely straight and that is a very common problem and even the best pros will do it from time to time. It's also a result of tightening the grip hand too early.

Dennis Taylor noticed on a long shot Trump missed that his cue went right-to-left and this is usually caused by some body movement during either the backswing or delivery and results in the brain trying to correct things during the more dynamic delivery and this results in overcompensation. Sure enough, when Dennis did the replay you could see some head movement and the cue not being delivered straight. with the pot going astray.

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

that's exactly what i meant Terry. Didn't know Dennis Taylor picked up on it since I was watching it on Eurosport and the commentators there didn't mention it

Comment

Yes. Dennis has got a good eye. Always good to listen too.
            Last edited by cyberheater; 5 May 2013, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
              A lot of players use side even on straight shots, its habit that forms from learning the game playing on club tables in order to get movement out of the cueball. Ronnie uses side more than any other player and yet he's the best around.
              Ronnie uses side but cues straight because he understands side and has worked hard on the table to learn it. Yes, side is something used to move the ball around, but more precisely, side is used to create angles that don't exist with plain ball. Ronnie using it now has nothing to do with an old "habit" to get movement out of the cue ball. It's used purposefully and with precision and is something he has worked on, that much is clear.
              Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
              My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Working...
              X