Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you go to 'your' club?

Hi All,

As the title suggests - why do you go to the club you do? - Is it closest/cheapest/best tables/good atmosphere/the people?

I will start this with; local social club as I like to support the local community.

i go to my local wmc,play for the team we run from there,mon nite practice,wed nite practice at min cos league finished fri social nite all lads together,sat go to a different private snooker club

Comment

Closest, Cheap, good atmosphere - social club
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

No idiots, exceptional tables and decent prices.

£10 from 12pm to 6pm!

Comment

used to go to a place called merlins, a sports bar but when they opened it up so you didnt need membership the tables always ended up damaged and they wouldnt repair those, so i recently joined a conservative club, even though im not conservative, to play there for 3 quid an hour for pretty decent tables

Comment

Where are you from Phil C that's the same prices as my club.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              Where are you from Phil C that's the same prices as my club.
              Liverpool mate, George Scott club.

Comment

Conversely. I stopped going to my snooker club because it was £6 per hour. I now go to a working mans club and it's only £2 per hour with better tables.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                  Conversely. I stopped going to my snooker club because it was £6 per hour. I now go to a working mans club and it's only £2 per hour with better tables.
                  I pay 8 pound an hour. I wish the rates here are like those in the UK

Comment

Local WMC, 4 minute walk, £1 an hour, cheap beer!
                    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

I used to go to the club I did simply because the owner was a top bloke, the tables were ok, prices ok and some pretty good players were often in their for a game or two. Haven't played for the best part of 12 months now though, should really get back into it.

Comment

I play around a 15 minute drive away - Suppose there might be somewhere a bit closer, but this one has easily the most tables of anywhere here since a local Riley's closed down. £5 per hour or some off peak deals which work out at about £2.50 p/h.

Comment

Simplest reason for me is: it's the only one haha :snooker:
                          "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

My local club is close to where i live. Kind of expensive though at £4 an hour, and tables being reclothed perhaps once in the last 10 years. Nearly all of them are full with holes. And none are even remotely level. If they were decent tables the price would be ok

Comment

Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
                              Liverpool mate, George Scott club.
                              Our club has just gone to these prices , trying to get more people in, hope it works , only club left in Carlisle
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                              X