Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi

can anybody shed some light on this situation please,

player a plays a good shot putting the white back to baulk, player b can see reds but its difficult to get the ball to baulk....player b the plays an in off.....what are the rules regarding this?

thanks in advance

No law against going in off on purpose, player A gets 4 points for the foul, and option of playing himself or putting player B back in

Comment

if this is the case i just won a tenner, i was player b and ended up having abit of a to do with player a. who incidentally said i was making a deliberate foul and i would forfeit the frame?????

Comment

I take it you did not play the in off intentionally ?

More than a few rows over this type of shot over the years in snooker halls all over the world .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
          I take it you did not play the in off intentionally ?

More than a few rows over this type of shot over the years in snooker halls all over the world .

i know it sounds bad but it was the only safe way back to baulk, i wont be playing it again, just needed clarification on a very grey area, because there doesnt seem too much in the rules???

Comment

Sounds like you we're lucky to get out in one piece !!!!!

Naughty snooker an intentional foul
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
              i know it sounds bad but it was the only safe way back to baulk
              Reading what you have just written there bud..... Makes It sound like you did play an intentional foul, and that's not playing game in the true spirit of it!!

Definitely grey area though cause no body can ever prove that was your intention, surely you was playing a thin cut off the object ball to return the white to baulk and you went in off.... Weren't you??
              Last edited by coomsey76; 25 May 2013, 09:47 AM.
              Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
              Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                Reading what you have just written there bud..... Makes It sound like you did play an intentional foul, and that's not playing game in the true spirit of it!!

Definitely grey area though cause no body can ever prove that was your intention, surely you was playing a thin cut off the object ball to return the white to baulk and you went in off.... Weren't you??
                il say yes i was, gulp, it is naughty snooker but there isn't anything in the rule book that i can find that says i lose a frame, i suppose i could be warned but seeing as that was the first time...who knows....anyways the player who i was playing started ranting something about deliberate foul in pool is game away, same in snooker???

Comment

There's no definitive rule, but I would say that you come under the players conduct rule.....

And if there was a ref could result in the frame being awarded to your opponent but that would be very harsh imo, but it would be down to the referees degression.....

But again it all comes back to playing the game in the true spirit of it.....
                  Last edited by coomsey76; 25 May 2013, 10:34 AM. Reason: Grammar.....
                  Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                  Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                    There's no definitive rule, but I would say that you come under the players conduct rule.....

And if there was a ref could result in the frame being awarded to your opponent but that would be very harsh imo, but it would be down to the referees degression.....

But again it all comes back to playing the game in the true spirit of it.....
                    thanks for that, i won't play for for it again and if i do i won't own up to intentionally doing it, i just though we were playing a knock about not the world snooker finals lol, i can see what your saying very grey area that needs addressing

Comment

I do this on occasion, no big deal, four points given away, no miss called and back to baulk. It's not quite a deliberate in off, more trying to get the cue ball into the jaws of the pocket at dead weight, but if the cue ball drops in so what.

I did used to play deliberate fouls when I played pool. When a player rolled up behind one of his own balls to snooker me I looked for the hardest route where I had to bridge over the snookering ball and deliberately touched it with my finger thus making him waste one of his two visits.

I did this in an inter league match and the bloke simply tapped his ball twice and snookered me again, so I touched his ball again with my finger. Did it five times before he actually tried to pot this last ball with the black hanging over the corner pocket and he choked and missed it and threw a paddy when I cleared my last six balls to win.
                      Got what he deserved the gutless bast*rd. He'd been doing that the whole frame, pushing his balls over the pockets and roll up snookers all the time making the frame last over twenty minutes. I didn't travel sixty miles to put up with that sort of sh*t.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                        I do this on occasion, no big deal, four points given away, no miss called and back to baulk. It's not quite a deliberate in off, more trying to get the cue ball into the jaws of the pocket at dead weight, but if the cue ball drops in so what.

I did used to play deliberate fouls when I played pool. When a player rolled up behind one of his own balls to snooker me I looked for the hardest route where I had to bridge over the snookering ball and deliberately touched it with my finger thus making him waste one of his two visits.

I did this in an inter league match and the bloke simply tapped his ball twice and snookered me again, so I touched his ball again with my finger. Did it five times before he actually tried to pot this last ball with the black hanging over the corner pocket and he choked and missed it and threw a paddy when I cleared my last six balls to win.
                        Got what he deserved the gutless bast*rd. He'd been doing that the whole frame, pushing his balls over the pockets and roll up snookers all the time making the frame last over twenty minutes. I didn't travel sixty miles to put up with that sort of sh*t.

haha sounds like he deserved it, some of the rules in table sports are silly to say the least....i used to like pool when you didn't have to touch cusions it was far easier that way,..

Comment

luke-h:

Unless you announced beforehand that you intended to go in-off there's no way your opponent or a referee can tell if the foul was intentional. It is unsportsmanlike conduct if you do go in-off intentionally but if you were trying a thin snick and got it too thick or else trying to leave the cueball in the jaws and over-hit it a bit there's just no way to tell.

For unsportsmanlike conduct you would normally be given one warning by a referee (unless it was something really bad, like trying to stomp on your opponent's grip hand or something) and on the second occasion the frame would be awarded to the non-striker.

Terry
                          Terry Davidson
                          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                            luke-h:

Unless you announced beforehand that you intended to go in-off there's no way your opponent or a referee can tell if the foul was intentional. It is unsportsmanlike conduct if you do go in-off intentionally but if you were trying a thin snick and got it too thick or else trying to leave the cueball in the jaws and over-hit it a bit there's just no way to tell.

For unsportsmanlike conduct you would normally be given one warning by a referee (unless it was something really bad, like trying to stomp on your opponent's grip hand or something) and on the second occasion the frame would be awarded to the non-striker.

Terry

cheers terry, i didnt think we were playing to seriously and i let slip to him i played the in off then he went ballistic...i can see its unsportsman like but i didn't think it was a serious game, nether the less at least i know technically i was right in what i was telling him, hence the bet.....its quite shocking the amount off people that don't no ins and outs of the rules and ref week in week out in their local leagues

cheers

Comment

Working...
                            X