Higginson - how far will he go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Higginson - how far will he go?

Mr. Higginson improvement over the last two tournaments compared to his previous ten year career is truly remarkable and probably without parallel in snooker history.

How far do you think he'll go in the World Championship? Can he qualify for the Crucible? I don't think he will, but if he does it would be terrific!
    Qualifying round 3
    0%
    Final qualifying round
    0%
    Last 32
    0%
    Last 16
    0%
    Quarter-final
    0%
    Semi-final
    0%
    Final
    0%

He has two very tough qualification matches ahead of him - against Walden and against Selby. So I'd want to see him get to the Crucible, but I am a bit unsure he'll get there. I'll be glad if I'm wrong and he does well there
    ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

its a shame only one of those guys can qualify. As i like watching all of them. If Higginson plays as well as he did in Wales he could qualify, but otherwise probably wont get past walden.
      "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

I have a feeling he will make it to te Crucible. He is playing so well at the moment.
        I was very Impressed with him in Wales.

Comment

For me it is hard to imagine him not getting through, after his recent performances at the Welsh Open. He beat the likes of Higgins and Maguire comfortably. His good form still seems to continue, although, having said that, he didn't have a century so far, did he?

Comment

It is a hard draw he has but I really hope that he'll get to the crucible.
            If he gets there it really depends on where in the draw he'll end.
            “There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

As much as I want him to qualify I can't see him doing it. Its very unlucky to have such a tough draw considering he could have had the likes of Drew Henry or James Wattana who have been utter tripe this season.
              TSF World Champion 2010
              TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
              BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Originally Posted by Alex0paul
                As much as I want him to qualify I can't see him doing it. Its very unlucky to have such a tough draw considering he could have had the likes of Drew Henry or James Wattana who have been utter tripe this season.
                Yes, but he did just make it to the final in the Welsh Open, and certainly not by knocking out the Henries and Wattanas of the circuit.

That having been said, I have no idea how far I think he will go.
                Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

It would be great to see Andrew make it to the Crucible. His play in Newport almost deserves him to be there but the standard is so high its a big ask.

But if he can carry on his Wales form, then who knows!
                  I Love Snook!

Comment

I've actually been brave and voted for the last 16...hmmm...just wait and see I guess! goooo Higgson!!
                    2010 World Open Prediction Contest Winner

Comment

I thought Higginson would done better. But Walden was a good opponent
                      2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                      2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Working...
                      X