Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star tables

Hi there everyone,
    Just a question about these star tables as seen on tv.
    I have played on many different types of table makes, but I have recently played on a star table and played the best I have played in a long time, now I have gone back to my club and not played all that great, can anyone explain this? Could it just be table conditions or lighting conditions?
    Cheers guys

Mixture of many things I guess. Okay these star tables or championship tables maybe tighter than club tables but with a top quality cloth on, table heating etc, it makes the game a lot easier to play compared to club tables that are slow and you have to really work the balls in order to make breaks. Its mainly the consistancy of these star tables that helps your game and confidence. You play in clubs and some cloths are very old, conditions can be damp, cushion rubbers dead, all these things really make it harder to play on, even if the pockets are bigger its still a struggle.

Comment

I like them. The middle pockets are tighter than what I'm used to, i.e. Riley, Wiraka M1. Isn't there a universal pocket template so we can all play to the same?
      When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

I have had my Star nearly 16 month. I ordered it from World Snooker and had it fitted by them and its maintained by them too to a WPBSA spec standard.

Yes, they are nice to play on WHEN you are playing well, if your not in the zone, concentrating poorly or twithching on the shots then the middle pockets and even blacks off the spots will kick you in the nuts. Sure like any heated no 10 cloth it will be fast, but that too can catch you out, even just with those little touch shots around the black and pink. Myself, being before delivery of my table just a very normal club player playing once every 2 week for a couple of month then not playing for 6-7 months at all made the Star very trying at first but I believed in my ability ( hence getting the table in the first place ) and now all my hard work is paying off.

Stubbo, may have just been that you had a good day. Sure conditions effect play but very much mainly positional play. Go and have another game on the Star.
        JP Majestic
        3/4
        57"
        17oz
        9.5mm Elk

Comment

I do play on star tables around once maybe twice a week i just feel much more able to play confidently on them also i find the tighter pockets make me concentate much more and feel more mentally drained afterwards, perhaps its time i play on them all the time instead of the normal club table

Comment

Working...
          X