Rules Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules Question

This happened last night in our League and i'm sure it has been asked before , but i can't remember the answer

Player has ball in hand after a foul......places white in the 'D' and catches the green with his hand after the white has been placed .

Obviously 4 point penalty . But do you play the white from where it was placed ? or are you allowed to move it to anywhere in the 'D' .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

I believe that as the cue ball is on the bed of the table, it will no longer be in-hand for the new player, but played from where it is.
    Will like confirmation for the TSF-refs
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

TSF Shock......as Dean doesn't know the answer !!!!!!

Comment

Lol i think Dean is right, white already placed before foul committed, so why would white be in hand ???

Comment

just checked my SRA book and they have exactly the same scenario; cue ball placed then foul, ball played from where it lies.

Comment

Phew........and relax.......normality returns to TSF , as Dean knows the answer .

He was just playing with us

Comment

What a surprise, Dean was first to answer!

Yes, a foul was commited whilst the cue ball was on the table, so it is played from the position left and is no longer in hand.

If you recall, there was the Dott incident a couple of years ago, where he punched the cue ball away from the green pocket which it was certain to enter. It came to rest in the D. His opponent assumed he was in hand and moved the cue ball to where he wanted within the D and was immediately fouled by Chamberlain as he should have played from where it had come to rest.

Comment

Neil, what happened in the match?

Comment

Our best player carried out the foul and won the frame , we won the match 4-0 nil and are through to the 1/4's of the cup

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                    Our best player carried out the foul and won the frame , we won the match 4-0 nil and are through to the 1/4's of the cup
                    well done for that but what I meant was did he play the cue ball from where it was placed?

Comment

....oops ! Yeah , played from where the white was .

Comment

Working...
                      X