X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 red rules - need help!

HI Guys,

hope you all are well!

Anyway, I have a quick question to ask. we have implemented a 6 reds tournament for the last 4 years in South Africa and the response was very successful.

however, every year we have an issue where the rules change eg. from foul being 6, it changed to foul being 4. from ball in hand in the D only, it change to ball in hand all over the table. from snookering behind a nominated colour, it changed and this is also now longer permitted. and of course you cannot call a miss in 6 reds.

during the ALL AFRICA CHAMPONSHIP LAST YEAR, the guys were playing the final (which I watched live BTW) and they were using standard 15 red snooker rules. they were calling misses, there was no ball in hand etc.

this confused everyone as this is a major tournament crowning the champion of the Continent. so I wasn't sure if it was a mistake or if this were the new rules.

Could someone please make a short list of the rules. not all the rules, only the ones relating to fouls, foul snookers, ball in hand, free ball and snookering.

your response will be highly appreciated.

Wow, I have never heard of a minimum foul worth 6 points.

I found this link for the IBSF rules of 6 reds.

http://ibsf.pl/rules-6red.php

Rules of the Game of 6 Red Snooker

The normal rules of the Game of Snooker (15 reds) will apply, but with the following changes ONLY for the 6 Reds Snooker Game:

1. Delete the Foul and a Miss rule.

2. After any foul:

(a) The Referee shall immediately state Foul, Free-Table (only if snookers are not required as the result of the stroke).

(b) The non-offender player has 3 options:

(i) Play from where the balls have come to rest

(ii) Ask the opponent to play again from where the balls have come to rest

(iii) Play the cue-ball from anywhere on the table, except when snookers are required.

3. A player cannot snooker behind a nominated ball after potting a ball on.

At our club, we play normal 15 red rules, but with no foul and a miss and you can't play the cue ball from anywhere after a foul.

Plus we have a 10 minute time limit.

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

I think I like your club rules more

Comment

Originally Posted by fakhrie147 View Post
        I think I like your club rules more
        If you ever come to Bondi - let me know - you would be more than welcome.

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Working...
        X