How many balls can you pot in one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to all who have replied.

Yes Robert, I was looking for a physically playable stroke. My apologies if my second post gave the impression that I was only looking for a "theoretical possible" "legal" stroke but what I had in mind was mainly to exclude the cue ball from being included in the count.

Certainly Statman's suggested setup looks promising for achieving 6 (or even up to 12 with addition of a ball over each pocket.)

I would still be interested to read any reports of what anybody has actually managed to achieve in practice.

As far as the technique of having a series of object balls in a line pointing directly at a pcoket is concerned, if the balls are touching, will not only the last ball move away from the group? Or will heavy top spin on the cue ball encourage the second ball to move also? Would it help to leave a small gap between the balls in the line? Has anybody managed to pot even 2 or 3 balls using this technique I wonder?

Comment

Originally Posted by Joe99

As far as the technique of having a series of object balls in a line pointing directly at a pcoket is concerned, if the balls are touching, will not only the last ball move away from the group? Or will heavy top spin on the cue ball encourage the second ball to move also? Would it help to leave a small gap between the balls in the line? Has anybody managed to pot even 2 or 3 balls using this technique I wonder?
      Well, for two balls, touching or not, butting backspin on the cue-ball will transfer topspin onto the first red.

Comment

I've not read everything here, but the most I have seen legitimately done in a game of snooker is three reds, so there's my gambit.

I have potted 6 pool balls from the break before once (including the black) but I guess that doesn't count here

Comment

reckon if you set a triangle of reds up on a snooker table and took the pink off the spot and smacked the pack, youd eventually get more than 6 balls in one shot.

may take a while, but totally possible, and a situation that could easily arise

Comment

Benny Hill did 15...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2013886684

found another, not sure but i counted 67 potted albeit pool on 3 tables it was one shot...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1668158924

Comment

He goes in off on the second one though so it doesn't qualify ;P

Comment

That first one has funny magnets!!
                How did they made them?
                2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

The Benny Hill video is funny, poor referee and I won't even go into the gorgeous woman thing...

The second one is great, how beautifully precise!

Comment

Working...
                  X