Is this a foul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well

I was playin someone and the red actually jumped up in the air and sat on the cushion rail..were the wood meets the cloth... think we just put it in the pocket and played on as if it was a foul.
    Snooker Loopy

Comment

Originally Posted by belfast141
      I was playin someone and the red actually jumped up in the air and sat on the cushion rail..were the wood meets the cloth... think we just put it in the pocket and played on as if it was a foul.
      That, of course, was the correct thing to do - the ball was forced off the table, so it was indeed a foul.
      "If anybody can knock these three balls in, this man can."
      David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

Originally Posted by davis_greatest
        That, of course, was the correct thing to do - the ball was forced off the table, so it was indeed a foul.
        Yeah i knew something about if it doesnt cum back onto the bed of the table its a foul
        Snooker Loopy

Comment

this is not a foul as the rule states the ball must return to the playing surface or a pocket under its own machanics, therefore if the ball was not touched or influenced into the pocket then its a fair pot!!!!
          questions are only easy if you know the answers

Comment

I THINK that the ball has to stay in contact with the baize(cloth).

And i'm sure you know that the cushions are covered in cloth, so if it rolls along the cloth, i think it's legit. Not sure if it comes off the cloth and rolls onto the wood though.

Comment

Rolling along the wood is fine, as long as the ball finally comes to rest on the bed of the table (or rolls into the pocket opening, in which case it would be deemed to be pocketed). An object ball can jump 5 feet (or more) in the air if it so chooses, as long as it lands back on the bed of the table (or into a pocket).
              "If anybody can knock these three balls in, this man can."
              David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

Right

I wasn't sure, i thought it was ok if it's touching the wood, but only if it is simultaneously touching the cloth as well!

Comment

Working...
                X