miss when angled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miss when angled

this prolly been asked but can there be a miss called when your angled by the cushion assuming you make an effort to touch or if you don't reach the ball is it a miss
    can someone clarify
    ty

A miss can be called regardless of the position of the cue ball, and the same criteria apply to that situation as any other potential miss call.

There is no such thing as an angled ball in snooker since the 1995 rule book was introduced, but that said that if angled after a foul the non-offender had the additional option of playing from in hand.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnkrRef View Post
      A miss can be called regardless of the position of the cue ball, and the same criteria apply to that situation as any other potential miss call.

There is no such thing as an angled ball in snooker since the 1995 rule book was introduced, but that said that if angled after a foul the non-offender had the additional option of playing from in hand.
      can I ask where this is stated or implied in the rules please
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Interesting, didn't know about the "playing from hand" option. Is that new? Always thought that "play again' was only option. Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, my original post wasn't terribly clear. Until the 1995 rule book was published there was an 'angled ball' defined, and if one existed after a foul then the non-offender had the option of playing from in hand. That was deleted from the rules in the 1995 rule book (where the rules were very substantially re-written).

Comment

thanks for clarifying

Comment

phew I thought I had missed it

Comment

Can anyoen help?

Derek Budde the chap in SRA his email has been spammed, any one have his contact detail (apart from email) to tell him that his email is punting out "Help stuck in Rome" emails?

cheers

Comment

Already emailed him!

Comment

the thing is he may not get that email
                    thanks

Comment

I emailed his EASB address.

Comment

Working...