Push shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push shot

The white is as close to a red as it can be without touching. Is it okay to play that red providing it is the finest possibkle edge without being called for a push shot.

the rules have this covered:
    sec 2.19. Push Stroke
    A push stroke is made when the tip of the cue remains in contact with the cue-ball:
    (a) after the cue-ball has commenced its forward motion; or
    (b) as the cue-ball makes contact with an object ball except, where the cue-ball and an object ball are almost touching, it shall not be deemed a push stroke if the cue-ball hits a very fine edge of the object ball.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      the rules have this covered:
      sec 2.19. Push Stroke
      A push stroke is made when the tip of the cue remains in contact with the cue-ball:
      (a) after the cue-ball has commenced its forward motion; or
      (b) as the cue-ball makes contact with an object ball except, where the cue-ball and an object ball are almost touching, it shall not be deemed a push stroke if the cue-ball hits a very fine edge of the object ball.
      Very misunderstood rule.. one of my bugbears when a player jacks his cue in the air, plays a push shot and then says it's not a push shot as he was cueing down on it! As a player you know if you've pushed it, and as a marker or ref you can see it, but its one people don't always own up to.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Old cue collector --
      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
        Very misunderstood rule.. one of my bugbears when a player jacks his cue in the air, plays a push shot and then says it's not a push shot as he was cueing down on it! As a player you know if you've pushed it, and as a marker or ref you can see it, but its one people don't always own up to.

certainly see this a lot... also when players doesn't play a "very fine edge" instead plays it thick and you hears a thud, then you get those that just decides to hit through it and the cue ball runs a couple of feet forward and still claims it isn't a push shot as they "know" what a push shot is....

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
          Isn't it more likely when playing down as the cue tip effectively rolls down the curvature of the ball?

Comment

Working...
          X