does a good cue hinder a novice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does a good cue hinder a novice

thinking of getting a new cue. friends of mine are using crafted expensive cues. they always ask and tell me to get a decent one.

the cue I have had the length and tip size. smoothness come from days of sanding (Chinese made with thick varnish) and it has a thick butt and very on the heavy side. cost me only 17 pounds. told my self I will make as much I can with it, and if I am potting good then I will invest. if not due to work family and others that will put me off on a long break it no money wasted. don't be shy what brand you have and be happy what you can do with you can do.

imagine making a century with cheapo cue. beating friends with cues worth a fortune.

start walking the do the running. not the other way around.

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
      Yes, it can help confidence and create more enthusiasm to play more (ie practise) which can improve game but wont turn a bad player into potting machine like ebdon!
      100 percent agree!!

Comment

yeah there's always a honey moon period with a 'good new cue' again though that's regardless of the price and who made it

Comment

I think what hinders your progression as a player (or mine at least) is choice. I currently have 6 or 7 playing cues which I keep swapping between because my game has gone off a bit lately. You need to find the right cue and fully commit to it, get used to everything about it. Start by having a knock with as many cues as you can get your hands on until one just feels right, if you can afford it buy it, if not buy what you can afford in the same specs. When the time comes that you want to upgrade stick as closely to those specs as you can, and you shouldn't go far wrong.
          But my current cues range from 55-61.5" 8.5-11mm tip and 16-21oz, what is they say "those that can do, etc"
          No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
            ....... But my current cues range from 55-61.5" 8.5-11mm tip and 16-21oz ....
            That my friend is ridiculous

Comment

Working...
            X