Tournament balls on club tables ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament balls on club tables ?

I was going to buy a set of aramith tournament champ balls as our club balls (especially the cue balls) are not in the greatest condition .

Are these balls worth buying to use on slower club tables ?.

Our club balls are a mm or 2 smaller and also lighter too .

You will notice the difference on slower cloths with these .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
      You will notice the difference on slower cloths with these .
      In a positive or negative way ?

Comment

Positive way . In my opinion the balls run quicker and break slightly better when you go into them .

Comment

Good to hear . The balls at the club play OK but there are a few small chips etc and the balls get mixed up over the years (different shades of reds in a set etc) .

I know a lot of the guys won't buy them because we use the club balls for the league matches , so prefer to practice with them aswell .

I enjoy doing a lot of solo practice so would like my own set for consistency . Also my usual table at the club has a slow cloth ( and cushions)

Thanks

Comment

I use my set of 1G's for our League Matches . Surely if you are the Home Team you can use whatever set of balls you wish .

Comment

I think they are better on faster cloths or more responsive cloths. On an old cloth or with dead cushions they can be hard work to move around the table.

That is why they developed the aramith premier ball because they are more suited to tables like this.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                I think they are better on faster cloths or more responsive cloths. On an old cloth or with dead cushions they can be hard work to move around the table.

That is why they developed the aramith premier ball because they are more suited to tables like this.
                Just looked up the premier ball but can't find much info n them ..are they a little lighter ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post

Are these balls worth buying to use on slower club tables ?.
                  On a very slow table i would go for the premier balls.
                  mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                    Just looked up the premier ball but can't find much info n them ..are they a little lighter ?
                    Premier weigh about 128g each and TC's are around 141g each. Quite a big difference.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                      Premier weigh about 128g each and TC's are around 141g each. Quite a big difference.
                      Fair difference

Comment

There will be a marked improvement. Be sure to invest in some of the proper ball cleaning solution to keep them tip top.

Comment

I've got a friend who has the 1G balls and I've had a shot of them.
                          On normal slow club tables it takes a fair bit to get used to. You don't get anywhere near the same lever of reaction on screw shots so they are tougher. Putting top on the ball makes it go a lot further. Stun run throughs are harder at first.
                          Oddly, gentle cannons, soft screw shots and nudges in the pack are easier.

Comment

Tournament balls on club tables ?

you won't get the same reaction because club ball's normnormally have a light white. A lot of people in our league complain because they can't screw back with our match ball's and that's because they are used to using a ping pong ball as a white.

Comment

Your cueing improves by using the heavier tournament balls, mainly because it has to! You get little response unless you cue the ball well, so you learn to cue better. My local snooker hall bought 16 sets for all tables and now when members play anywhere else they complain about the light balls and various nicknames such as 'toy' balls and 'ping pong' balls have been attached to them.
                              I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Working...
                              X