Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue extension etc compatibility?

Hi,

Was just wondering if there are any standards for thread sizes etc in snooker cues for screw-on extensions and so on. What I mean is, does a John Parris cue extension fit another brand cue etc?

Cheers,
    Kari

Simple answer ..... No
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

my friend has an JPU and mini butt and ext. my cue is JianYing, chineese stuff, my cue mini butt and ext fits my friend JPU, but his Exts don't fit my cue. i guess its all the same thread, its just that the John parris mini butt and ext. got this long screw shaft before the thread. i think the joint is called SD joint.

Comment

on JP cues from the 80s the SD joint, IIRC is called that because it was Steve Davis that helped JP develop it.
        so only JP cues have "SD" joints

this is how I recall it, maybe wrong

As been mentioned there are many types of joints out there, some can be close and work together others are so different I would not try them else they get stuck
        Also, it does not help that some makers use whatever is to hand and so do not have a consistent joint type
        Last edited by DeanH; 17 June 2014, 08:47 AM.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks guys. Better stick within the same brand then

Comment

what cue do you have?
            maybe other can help you source extensions?

you after a mini (6-8") and a telescopic one?
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              what cue do you have?
              maybe other can help you source extensions?

you after a mini (6-8") and a telescopic one?
              I have a Peradon cue and a mini butt and a telescopic extension for it. Was just wondering if I ever want another brand cue in the future...

Comment

Originally Posted by kbrown View Post
                I have a Peradon cue and a mini butt and a telescopic extension for it. Was just wondering if I ever want another brand cue in the future...
                Save your extensions and the good news is they will fit another Peradon cue if you buy one in the future
                "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  on JP cues from the 80s the SD joint, IIRC is called that because it was Steve Davis that helped JP develop it.
                  so only JP cues have "SD" joints

this is how I recall it, maybe wrong

As been mentioned there are many types of joints out there, some can be close and work together others are so different I would not try them else they get stuck
                  Also, it does not help that some makers use whatever is to hand and so do not have a consistent joint type
                  yep, try asking mike W for an SD joint on one of his cues

Comment

Working...
                  X