No announcement yet.

Snooker Coaching Prices...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well not everyone has the equipment to video themselves easily... and most people benefit from human interaction when learning just about anything.

Comment

Originally Posted by mr.boy View Post
      Well not everyone has the equipment to video themselves easily... and most people benefit from human interaction when learning just about anything.
      Well, You are well-come to borrow my smart phone... for you no charge! Sorry just being naughty here.
      But seriously a smart phone will do the job.
      "I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." :snooker:

Success With Style : Muhammed Ali, Bjorn Borg, Magic Johnson, Mats Wilander, Michael Jackson, Stefan Edberg.

Comment

Hi Warren, in reply to the original question, i think that i defense of snooker coaches, we are generally very reasonable with prices compared to other sports. When i passed my coaching exam nearly 5 years ago, i looked at the price of local tennis, golf and football coaches in my area as well as the price of other professionals such as english and maths tutors, driving instructors, etc..... and my adult rate (£25 per hour), junior rate (£15) is considerably cheaper! Of course it would be great if we could charge less but although snooker coaching is my passion, its also a job. Its how i earn my living. I do understand that not everyone can afford regular coaching. As a young player myself, i was only able to have a few coaching sessions due to the prices but it was worth the money. Here in London i run a lot of kids clubs for the junior players to give them access to cheap practice/coaching. If you do decide to see a coach, the most important thing is to see an experienced and qualified coach who can give you good value for your money.

Comment

Originally Posted by mg222 View Post
          Very Simple. Zero Complication. I did a digital video DVD of myself. Shows cueing arm and walk-in and stance.

In fact you asked a great question in your second / third sentence and you just coached yourself by answering it in the fourth sentence!

To be very honest we are always coaching ourselves. Esp after mistakes, aren't we? At end of the day, as Leo said, if one wants to pay for coaching, go for it. Knock yourself out...

I think you are right to a certain extent here - I mean with the age of the internet and instructional materials all measure of gadgets and books it is possible to improve - even from watching then replicating and we are in the end the only ones who can change things for ourselves yet not everyone has the same insight on how to alter something for the better in their own personal set up - some people learn better from guidance and demonstration and it is possible to find a coach with experience of things and that experience might guide them to notice something that may otherwise be overlooked - they can spark that all important factor of motivation too.

That need not come from a qualified coach - it can come from someone like yourself perhaps who has the know how - but ideally a coach should be a little more adept than someone like you or I because it is after all their job to be so inclined.

So is say spending 100 pounds on a few hours coaching to learn better technique and a few tricks to improve and add to your game money well spent? Well yes but only if you learn from it - take it on board properly go away practice like the devil and then improve - there is no such thing as a quick fix as some people might think but correct coaching can stop a player aimlessly wandering pick him up and send him on the right path so he does not get lost as often - he can then get to where he wants to go a little quicker.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
            I think you are right to a certain extent here. We are in the end the only ones who can change things for ourselves yet not everyone has the same insight on how to alter something for the better in their own personal set up - some people learn better from guidance and demonstration.

That need not come from a qualified coach - it can come from someone like yourself perhaps who has the know how - but ideally a coach should be a little more adept than someone like you or I because it is after all their job to be so inclined.
            Can not argue with that.
            Yes, with all the Zillions of Instructional materials in books, DVDs, Internet and thousands of Utube videos with simple Instructions. After all that, if a person cannot do : Sighting, walk-in, stance, bridge, cue, chin and push to a basic level - I guess he is a prime candidate for 'personal handling', i.e. coaching. Intermediate players can also seek coaching if they wish, anyone can.

I have not opined that a coach cannot improve a player. I quote what I and Leo [if I may] have maintained, "Of course, there will be a player taken coaching and improved, however, the point is he could have done it by applying himself. Its not like he has to invent anything, he has seen many players doing their routines. One is free to choose which path to take."

Let us say a Bank Manager retires. Never played any sport in life, except piano and flute. He is a prime candidate for snooker coaching because he will probably mix up his right leg with left. [not literally].
            "I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." :snooker:

Success With Style : Muhammed Ali, Bjorn Borg, Magic Johnson, Mats Wilander, Michael Jackson, Stefan Edberg.

Comment

Working...
            X