Exhibition Pro Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by marc.lockley@ntlworld.com View Post
    Yeah I saw Ian McCulloch a few years ago and he was great with the crowd, told a few good jokes.

I remember he had this rough looking cue and a mushroom tip, hit loads of side with even the simplist of shots, stroked every ball and played amazing, really nice guy.

There were a couple of right idiots who were lucky enough to play him and were even rude to him jibing him on him dropping down the world ranking (even though he was ill) and he was ecen restrained to them, a really good guy.

I'll post any replies I get when they come in.

We had him in Hamburg 2007. A really class-act, mostly recommendable. Same goes of course to Stevo (our guest in 2010/11). Does anybody know how much Dennis Taylor charges?
    Ten reds and not a colour...

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
      Ha ha ha yeah and if you want a good price without 30% added to the players fee you can always ask me.

Price is simple, if they are crap or are somebody who rarely makes it to finishing stages (TV bits) of events they are cheap (sub £1000) if they are a name or a face people will recognise even if they do not play Snooker then they are expensive (£1,000 - £6,000)

If they live close to your event they will be cheaper than if they live half was across the country.

So the only real question is what is your budget and where is your event? from that I can tell you who you can get, if you like my selection I can then contact the player and to confirm a price as my list is about 12 months out of date at the moment (Not many people been asking for exhibitions recently)

The Grinder is always looking for bookings when he is over and he is only limited by Snooker Legends dates and any coaching he is doing in Sheffield.
      The reason I am asking is the league committee (small league) is considering the pro on the presentation night as the evening is now awful and they want to try and revive it before it dies.

They are looking at ways to raise the money i.e. tickets so the budget is unknown until they investigate a bit further.

I would have thought even if they did a good job of raising money the whole budget wouldn't be more than 2k as an estimate.

It would be in the Petersfield area which is 20 minutes north of Portsmouth and about 40 minutes from Southampton (I know Jimmy White practices there as he lives there half of the week).

Whatever info you could give me would help with the committee meeting!
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

try contacting management companies. email sarah.mount@onqpromotions.co.uk who manages quite a few players from top 16 to lower ranked players

Comment

Thanks for the contact Paul, I have sent Sarah a message and also Ferret so I will have some decent info to give the local snooker committee.
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

good luck with this and hope it revives your league
            let us know how it goes
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Over many years I have put on a considerable number of both club shows and larger charity exhibitions. I always found for the smaller shows one of the older more experienced personalities (with people skills) went down the best. I can heartily endorse the Ian McCulloch suggestion. I used Ian quite a lot and how's this for a club show. Frame 1. Whilst cross chatting to me and the audience and "testing" the pockets with power drives he clears up with 96. Next frame still telling jokes he clears up first visit with 140. I say "looks like Ian's on form" whereupon he clears up from first visit with 144!!!. I say well in this last frame before the interval doubt if I could have brought you anything better than this" Frame four; Yes, you've guessed it 147!!!!. Never before or since has a player performed better at my shows. Oh, by the way he then made a 49 using the rest for every shot . His injury was a tragedy for his game.:snooker: F.

Comment

Working...
              X