Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cue Tips & Tip Presser

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cue Tips & Tip Presser

    Hi all,

    I know I've posted this in the "Accessories" but I figured that I could get more opinions over here instead. Sorry for the double post.

    1. Are there actually any difference fitting on a 14mm tip onto a snooker cue and cut it down than the usual 10mm tip onto a snooker cue? I heard some say 14mm tips are meant for pool so its grading is harder than 10mm.

    2. Are there any available tip presses in the market for snooker other then the below mentioned? I don't really like the below mentioned because of the treading and there's no way to measure how much we're pressing.

    iw1363937837_image.jpg

  • #2
    I'm always use 14mm pool cue tips for snooker,no problem at all,just buy a grade softer than you are ok.some tips I'm using is only 2-4 usd and is as good as kamui or moori.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by joejoe View Post
      I'm always use 14mm pool cue tips for snooker,no problem at all,just buy a grade softer than you are ok.some tips I'm using is only 2-4 usd and is as good as kamui or moori.
      So a grade softer is recommended. Is it true that there's a difference in actual softness comparing between pool and snooker tips?

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm not sure about that,but my experience tell me most of the medium pool tips feel and play close to a 11 mm kamui medium hard.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by joejoe View Post
          I'm not sure about that,but my experience tell me most of the medium pool tips feel and play close to a 11 mm kamui medium hard.
          What current tip are you on?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by x3dnd3x View Post
            What current tip are you on?
            Try here. Cuecomponent.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by joejoe View Post
              Try here. Cuecomponent.com
              The Morakami™ Black Cue Tip Medium ?

              Comment


              • #8
                What about single layer tips? Hardness is the same for both or?

                I'm trying to make my own milkduds and the tip press only comes in either 13mm or 14mm.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by x3dnd3x View Post
                  Hi all,

                  I know I've posted this in the "Accessories" but I figured that I could get more opinions over here instead. Sorry for the double post.

                  1. Are there actually any difference fitting on a 14mm tip onto a snooker cue and cut it down than the usual 10mm tip onto a snooker cue? I heard some say 14mm tips are meant for pool so its grading is harder than 10mm.

                  2. Are there any available tip presses in the market for snooker other then the below mentioned? I don't really like the below mentioned because of the treading and there's no way to measure how much we're pressing.

                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]16859[/ATTACH]
                  Greetings Collector,
                  So far I have bought 4 of these presses for myself and mates and yes when you first start using them the thread is very tight due to the precision machining.
                  What I did was to apply some Vaseline to the joint and then open and close it 20-30 times during the commercials, it made a huge improvement.
                  I have also applied masking tape to both barrels so I can mark how much pressure I am applying.
                  Hopes this helps.
                  " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sydneygeorge View Post
                    Greetings Collector,
                    So far I have bought 4 of these presses for myself and mates and yes when you first start using them the thread is very tight due to the precision machining.
                    What I did was to apply some Vaseline to the joint and then open and close it 20-30 times during the commercials, it made a huge improvement.
                    I have also applied masking tape to both barrels so I can mark how much pressure I am applying.
                    Hopes this helps.
                    Hi,

                    I'm actually using this but the thing is this is made for 14mm tips. I'm afraid I'll just be expanding it sideways instead of pressing it properly. Right now I'm considering of making 1 mould by just using a washer.

                    P1030468_zps74dc28aa.jpg

                    P1030469_zpsddc29f42.jpg

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Seems like a lot of hassle, why not just buy a decent tip in the first place ????

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jrc750 View Post
                        Seems like a lot of hassle, why not just buy a decent tip in the first place ????
                        It is actually. But its the joy in I guess. Imagine you getting a few good milkduds after pressing, able to sell it off for some cash.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X