New cue needed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Matt_155
    Well, something to play both 8 ball pool and snooker with - a 9 or 9.5mm tip, ash, whatever weight feels comfortable (I'd have to have a go with a few). Length is the big problem, as I'm 6'6 tall, and my shoulder is about 63" from the floor, give or take an inch. As far as the look of the cue is concerned, I don't really mind - if it's purely aesthetic, I'd rather save my money and have veneer-less butt.
    Have you tried anything thats around 60 - 61" in length ?
    I have a 1pc & 3/4 jointed plain ebony butt Mastercues at 60" , I also have a 61" 3/4 jointed plain ebony butt maple shaft Robert OsBourne.
    In stock .
    www.greenbaize.com

Comment

I got a custom-made cue from Craftsman Cues in Leeds - a little further down the M62 for you than Manchester and perhaps worth a visit.

For £115 I got all this, made to my specs (I wanted 59").

You can call and talk to the chap who makes the cues and discuss what you want. They're very friendly and might have examples already made up in their shop.

HTH

( For more pictures see my post in the "What cue do you have" thread ).

Comment

I have to say that, seeing as how people on here seem to give them good recommendations, I'm gravitating towards Craftman Cues, especially given the option to try different styles before I buy...

Comment

Yes, good recommendations (mostly on this forum) made up my mind to have them make my cue. They didn't disappoint.

I'm still getting used to the cue as it is so different to my last one (which is a good thing) but I'm really pleased with it so far.

Comment

Working...
          X