Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New aramith tc balls full of marks!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New aramith tc balls full of marks!!!!

    Just bought a new set of Aramith TC Snooker balls, after just a couple of hours practice they are full of marks! small round spots where the balls knock into each other! and they are really stubborn to remove, can only get them clean again after using the Aramith ball cleaner for 5 to 10 mins! we don't have this problem with cheaper bog standard balls down at the club so why the problem with a £120 set of balls?
    spoke to the table fitter as well who said that it happens a lot with Aramith tc's.....
    Anyone else had problems or any suggestions? cheers Mark

  • #2
    There was a thread on this a while back, I can't remember the outcome,I think it was described as the balls having measles , but I have a set and they get a fair bit of hammer but don't suffer from this.
    I hate to ask this but are they genuine? Have seen on here folk saying there are a lot of fakes around
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

    Comment


    • #3
      hope there not Fakes... bought them new with the table, also got a new set of Aramith tc billiard balls as well that will probably never be used!

      Comment


      • #4
        I had this problem with my 1g's in the first few outings, but after a few times of cleaning it stopped.

        Comment


        • #5
          Any theory as to why it happened Rogi?
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            Any theory as to why it happened Rogi?
            Not really sure tbh, could be several factors but all would be speculative. Could be something to do with chalk dust transfer and collisions on it, but ?????

            Comment


            • #7
              I get spots on my 1G balls but not a lot. I think it is chalk dust crushed by contact and I mostly notice on the black ball but they easily rub out. I use Triangle Spruce chalk so maybe you are using softer chalk perhaps?

              When I did get this set I noticed small semi-circle cracks on the cueball, about 12 or 15 of them. I took a photo and email that to Aramith and they sent me a new cueball but asked for the old one back. Also, I had to prove to them I bought the set legit.

              Terry
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by shafter View Post
                Just bought a new set of Aramith TC Snooker balls, after just a couple of hours practice they are full of marks! small round spots where the balls knock into each other! and they are really stubborn to remove, can only get them clean again after using the Aramith ball cleaner for 5 to 10 mins! we don't have this problem with cheaper bog standard balls down at the club so why the problem with a £120 set of balls?
                spoke to the table fitter as well who said that it happens a lot with Aramith tc's.....
                Anyone else had problems or any suggestions? cheers Mark


                Are you sure it'd contact between the balls that are causing the spots? i say this because there are a couple of tables where i play that get these spots from the pocket leathers when you pot a ball at pace

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by luke-h View Post
                  Are you sure it'd contact between the balls that are causing the spots? i say this because there are a couple of tables where i play that get these spots from the pocket leathers when you pot a ball at pace
                  I get those spots from the pockets as well, however my pockets are plastic, not leather. I have intentions to replace with leather some day to reduce that issue, although it seems that it may not solve it completely.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I thought it was burn marks as the balls hit each other ... Aramith on their website say that the temperature at the point of contact as balls collide can reach 5000 centigrade (that's hot!) ... you probably only notice them cos new balls are sooo shiny and they go away after a while ...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by luke-h View Post
                      Are you sure it'd contact between the balls that are causing the spots? i say this because there are a couple of tables where i play that get these spots from the pocket leathers when you pot a ball at pace
                      its deffo ball to ball thats the problem! i get a new mark if i just pick up 2 balls and bang them together at a decent pace

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi Guys, I have never experienced the problems you describe with my TC set that I purchased 3 years ago, in a sealed box from an authorised dealer.
                        With my new 1 gs, had them for 1 month now, absolutely no issues and I play with a couple of guys who like to to hit hard.
                        But...!!! I do thoroughly wipe/polish the balls after each session with a quality cotton towel.
                        I have found this makes a huge difference.
                        " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by shafter View Post
                          its deffo ball to ball thats the problem! i get a new mark if i just pick up 2 balls and bang them together at a decent pace
                          So it can't be chalk or anything like that, most strange.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            So it can't be chalk or anything like that, most strange.
                            How odd!! Do you people not read past posts about this issue....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              My thought is that these balls might have been waxed and polished to make them shine prior to a promotion picture
                              I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X