No announcement yet.

Ball on Edge of Pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So does the same apply with a coloured ball.
    For example, I take a shot on colour but it hangs over the pocket, I leave table and when opponent is cueing his shot the coloured ball drops in. ..........
    Officially, is that a foul or what????

Comment

If the ball eventually falls in without external intervention like hitting the table then the ball never became stationary in the first place. Although it's motion may not have been noticed by the human eye, it would still have moved very slowly until gravity took over.

Comment

Originally Posted by mentalsnooker View Post
        So does the same apply with a coloured ball.
        For example, I take a shot on colour but it hangs over the pocket, I leave table and when opponent is cueing his shot the coloured ball drops in. ..........
        Officially, is that a foul or what????
        It applies to all balls. Is it a foul... depends on whether you were on that colour or not! But if you had left the table and your opponent was down on his shot, I would have thought sufficient time would have elapsed to have divorced it from your previous shot, such that it would simply be replaced on the table, in as near as possible the same position as it was, without any foul for you or your opponent. He'd carry on with his shot.
        Last edited by SnkrRef; 13 November 2014, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
          If the ball eventually falls in without external intervention like hitting the table then the ball never became stationary in the first place. Although it's motion may not have been noticed by the human eye, it would still have moved very slowly until gravity took over.

Yes, but referees have to make decisions according to visible motion, and give allowance for momentary balancing on the lip of a pocket.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnkrRef View Post
            Yes, but referees have to make decisions according to visible motion, and give allowance for momentary balancing on the lip of a pocket.
            Yes. Understood. Not easy being a snooker ref that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
            X