free ball question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free ball question

i gave a free ball when refereeing a frame with only one red left on the table, the cue ball was behind the pink and black,the player nominated the black and left the cue ball behind the pink i could see no wrong with that shot but got questioned about it as the black ended up in a straight line path to the red even though it was snookered behind the pink ,was i right not to call a foul

Originally Posted by andrewjbainbrigde View Post
    i gave a free ball when refereeing a frame with only one red left on the table, the cue ball was behind the pink and black,the player nominated the black and left the cue ball behind the pink i could see no wrong with that shot but got questioned about it as the black ended up in a straight line path to the red even though it was snookered behind the pink ,was i right not to call a foul
    As you know you can't snooker behind the ball that you have nominated as the free ball unless it's a case of only pink and black remaining. As the player nominated black as the free ball it's ok to snooker behind the pink. The person who is querying this is probably confused by the fact that the black was in a line between the cue ball and the object ball i.e. the red. The rule is that the snookering ball is the ball closest to the cue ball so in your case the pink. Someone will perhaps explain this a bit better than my waffles, lol.

Comment

sounds spot on to me bigmeek thanks

Comment

free ball question

yep spot on
        The closest ball to the cue ball is the snookering ball.
        As long as it is not the nominated free ball, no problem
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
        X