Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do pro snooker players do each day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do pro snooker players do each day?

do they practise in morning? what do they practise? Do they rest on sunday?

Originally Posted by mchpddl1 View Post
    do they practise in morning? what do they practise? Do they rest on sunday?
    A guess I would say rest in the morning and practice after lunch.

Comment

Practice in the morning; count the cash in the afternoon :-)

Comment

practice for an hour
        go racing round thie mansions in go karts playing real life mario kart
        bit more practice
        watch telly
        probably swap pics of michela in the dressing rooms
        sleep

Comment

Wakelin usually comes into the club, falls asleep in the chair...

plays for a bit, nips out for a fag, falls asleep in the chair, plays for a bit, eats, chats for a bit, falls asleep in the chair.

Selty turns up, sets the balls up, disappears for half hour then comes back and has a bit of a play then buggers off...

Gilbert barely practices, lol

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
            Wakelin usually comes into the club, falls asleep in the chair...

plays for a bit, nips out for a fag, falls asleep in the chair, plays for a bit, eats, chats for a bit, falls asleep in the chair.

Selty turns up, sets the balls up, disappears for half hour then comes back and has a bit of a play then buggers off...

Gilbert barely practices, lol
            I wonder why they can't quite break through on the tour lol
            WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
            Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

The hungry young pros will practice 6-8 hours 7 days a week when not playing in a tournament or doing an exhibition. The established pros will practice less but still try for 5-6 days a week. Well established pros who also have an inflated ego will practice lightly because they know (in their own minds) they are better players than anyone else but then they start to wonder why they are tumbling down the rankings.
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

They probably get out of it what they put into it.

Comment

You wonder why they can't break through on the tour?

Matt Selt reached a final of a PTS a couple of months ago... Dave Gilbert's earnt over a quarter of a million pounds in prize money in the last ten years and Chris is into his second year and has reached the last 32 of a couple of ranking events I think...

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                    ... Dave Gilbert's earnt over a quarter of a million pounds in prize money in the last ten years ..
                    So not that good ehh, pretty poor that, he should be practicing then

Comment

Or so he says!

Comment

Don't know what they do but if I where a successful pro I would probably have -

Spent most of my money on fast cars, gambling, holidays, golf, drink, drugs, outrageous fashion, gadgets of all descriptions, the odd dodgy business investment along the way whilst sleeping with and romancing as many fit loose women around the world as I could.

If I had any money left I would probably just waste the rest

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                          Don't know what they do but if I where a successful pro I would probably have -

Spent most of my money on fast cars, gambling, holidays, golf, drink, drugs, outrageous fashion, gadgets of all descriptions, the odd dodgy business investment along the way whilst sleeping with and romancing as many fit loose women around the world as I could.

If I had any money left I would probably just waste the rest
                          Judd? Is that you?
                          WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                          Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

from what I have seen myself up at the star snooker academy in Sheffield, the pros who are not resident and come in just for the day usually come around 10am-11am and stay till early afternoon around 2-3pm.

I've seen Ronnie, Selby, Ebdon, Ding, Selt, Mark Davis, Fu, Doherty, some of the Thais, Chinese and others all practice for at lease 3-4 hours.

the resident pros and top amateurs are there from morning till 4-5pm everyday.

Comment

Thanks Alabadi, this is very interesting to know.
                              So some pros skipped their lunches and practise? is there a canteen in the academy for food / beverages?
                              Who does Ronnie , Selby etc guys practise with, do they play each other?

Comment

Working...
                              X