No announcement yet.

Amateurs playing the PTC's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately way above my level I think. I have no ambitions to be on the tour as have not got the dedication (or skill level required). I do make decent breaks but not centuries. But was thinking whether it be worthwhile entering one or two for the experience and then subsequently watching the rest of the tournament. Treat it like a holiday. However it would only be worthwhile if I had the chance to progress a couple of rounds, with the carrot of maybe drawing a big name (like the fella above). Don't want to really pay £100 to be thumped 4-0 and not really get my hand on the table.

Comment

If you've never had centuries then you'd need a very favourable draw to have a chance of getting through a few rounds. Why not try a pro-am or two? Dependant on the area in which you live you'll find one or two a year with some pro's entering.
      I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Originally Posted by svendh View Post
        yes of course - it was the tv table. sadly i cant find the videos on youtube
        Was it Ronnie O'Sullivan v George Pragnall.

Comment

you mean the match Ronnie against Ali Kirim.

Standard of the PTC depends on where it is played.
          Regional qualifiers are different and it always depends on the draw.
          It is always possible to qualify for the mainevent if you can make 50 breaks.

paying the entryfee as a player is also the ticket for the event for the weekend. nearly same price as if you go there as a spectator.
          sometimes a reason why bad players are involved in the qualifiers.

Comment

Working...
          X