Almost impossible situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost impossible situation

Lets say you lead with 2 ponts with only the pink and black is left. It's difficult to control the white ball when potting the pink since it is an acute angle. You pot the pink, leading with 8 points with only 7 left on the table, but the white travels around the table and end upp behind a jaw/cushion and is snookered. Is the frame still won from this position (a lead with 8 points with only 7 left) or are you forced to play from that position since the opponet actually has a chance of getting 7 foul points and then win the frame by potting the black?
    #Age: 22 HB#: 82 #Cue: Mike Wooldridge Vintage Cue # Tip: Mike Wooldridge BlackSpin #Best performance in tournament: Semi-final in an "open to all" Swedish tournament 2015, Swedish U16 tournament champion October 2007 #Current rank in Sweden: 15

Originally Posted by Viktortheman View Post
    Lets say you lead with 2 ponts with only the pink and black is left. It's difficult to control the white ball when potting the pink since it is an acute angle. You pot the pink, leading with 8 points with only 7 left on the table, but the white travels around the table and end upp behind a jaw/cushion and is snookered. Is the frame still won from this position (a lead with 8 points with only 7 left) or are you forced to play from that position since the opponet actually has a chance of getting 7 foul points and then win the frame by potting the black?
    I'd say no. Remember, no matter where the white stops ; in the middle of the table, jawed , touching the black, anywhere,

you don't have to play on, as you are 8 points ahead, and the frame is won . .

Comment

I'd say you wouldn't have to attempt hitting the black as there's not enough points for your opponent to win, and you have the choice to call the frame.
      Must of been a kick

Comment

frame over. you win. you don't need to attempt the black
        #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

You don't need to play the black but even if you attempted it and missed you would still win the frame as...... One foul on the black ends the frame. Unless of course the scores are tied and then you have a re-spot black situation. Just as well you were 8 points ahead and not 7!

Comment

No, the frame is over... covered by rule 2.1(b):

1. Frame
            A frame of snooker comprises the period of the play from the start, see Section 3 Rule 3(c), with all the balls set as described in Section 3 Rule 2, each player playing in turn until the frame is completed by:
            (a) concession by any player during his turn;
            (b) claim by the striker when; Black is the only object ball remaining on the table, aggregate points are not relevant, and there is a difference of more than seven points between the scores in his favour;
            (c) the final pot or foul when; Black is the only object ball remaining on the table (see Section 3 Rule 4); or
            (d) being awarded by the referee under Section 3 Rule 14(d) (ii) or Section 4 Rule 2.
            Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Just a bit of a comment. You cannot be snookered by the angle of a pocket so if you are after a foul then your only option left is to have your opponent shoot again...i.e. - no free ball. I think this rule was changed in the 90's and it used to be 'ball in hand' if angled after a foul.
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Viktortheman View Post
                If you have potted the pink, and are 8 points clear, you have no need to play the black. You have won the frame !!

(Finns det en bra snooker club i Goteborg? Jag skall vara i Sverige i Augusti)

Comment

Originally Posted by tommygunner1309 View Post
                  If you have potted the pink, and are 8 points clear, you have no need to play the black. You have won the frame !!

(Finns det en bra snooker club i Goteborg? Jag skall vara i Sverige i Augusti)
                  You have a PM regarding snooker in Göteborg.
                  #Age: 22 HB#: 82 #Cue: Mike Wooldridge Vintage Cue # Tip: Mike Wooldridge BlackSpin #Best performance in tournament: Semi-final in an "open to all" Swedish tournament 2015, Swedish U16 tournament champion October 2007 #Current rank in Sweden: 15

Comment

Rack the balls, the frame is over
                    Terry Davidson

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                      Rack the balls, the frame is over
                      Tell me, just how do you 'rack' the colours?
                      Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
                        Tell me, just how do you 'rack' the colours?
                        My, we are a bit precise then? Rack the reds just doesn't sound right (this expression actually came from pool)
                        Terry Davidson

Comment

Working...
                        X