free ball question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
    I hate to be pedantic but you CAN snooker behind the nominated free ball when there are other balls not on obstructing other balls on. Eg red, green, cue ball, yellow, red in a line (last two reds): you can trickle up to either colour as a nominated free ball because the other colour will be the effective snookering ball for the other red.
    ah yes, this scenario; so in the instance it would NOT be a foul? Because with multiple Reds on the table, if no snooker occurs on any one RED, then no snooker exists.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Is there a tool for analysing free ball situations (apart from dragging balls out of pockets)? I know so many folk who don't understand what a basic free ball is. Oh, you can see both sides MB, I'm sure you can hit both sides. Specsavers! The worst is when a foul has been committed and the on ball is close to another ball but the ability to hit the left side isn't possible but it looks marginal. Folk will always refuse giving a free ball except on ref I know who is spot on.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        ah yes, this scenario; so in the instance it would NOT be a foul? Because with multiple Reds on the table, if no snooker occurs on any one RED, then no snooker exists.
        Just to get my head round it, it's a foul to roll up to the nominated ball, only if the nominated ball snookers the incoming player on ALL remaining reds ?

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
          Just to get my head round it, it's a foul to roll up to the nominated ball, only if the nominated ball snookers the incoming player on ALL remaining reds ?
          yes if the nominated free ball snookers ALL reds then it would be a foul, but in the scenario LondonLad mentioned is that another ball (not the nominated free ball) snookers at least one red, then a snooker exists but not ONLY by the nominated free ball, so no foul.

see http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ad.php?t=15561, at the bottom (diagram 5)
          Last edited by DeanH; 25 June 2015, 02:16 PM.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            yes if the nominated free ball snookers ALL reds then it would be a foul, but in the scenario LondonLad mentioned is that another ball (not the nominated free ball) snookers at least one red, then a snooker exists but not ONLY by the nominated free ball, so no foul.

see http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ad.php?t=15561, at the bottom (diagram 5)
            e.g.

Ok, so you get a free ball cuz the red is snookered by say the yellow, you play off the nominated yellow, leaving the cue ball behind the brown leaving a snooker on the reds, no foul.

Comment

On another situation, there are only color balls, all the color. I am given a free ball. I nominate the brown and i pot the brown. Am i able to pot other colors? Or do i have to go back to the yellow.

Comment

Originally Posted by tofushop193 View Post
                On another situation, there are only color balls, all the color. I am given a free ball. I nominate the brown and i pot the brown. Am i able to pot other colors? Or do i have to go back to the yellow.
                What makes you think you can pot other colours?? You have to pot them in the correct order, so yes back to the yellow

Comment

Because in normal situatuon where there are reds and you get the free ball, you get to pot any color that you nominated and then any of the color you place for. Example, i pot the brown which i had nominated for and i pot the blue, so total i get 6 points. This dont apply if it is in a situation where there are only color balls?

Comment

That's because it's acting as a red, with only the colours remaining your free ball is acting as a yellow, then must revert to potting them in order

Comment

Working...
                    X