Off the Cushion.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by rambon
    What about literally playing "off of" the cushion? If a ball comes to rest atop the green part of the cushion I assume it is still in play. Does the player have to play from there or is it a foul shot and the ball is subsequently replaced in the D as if the ball had gone off the table?
    It is off the table if it comes to rest other than on the playing surface. Otherwise, imagine if it were the final black, rather than the white, that landed there – you'd have to somehow manage to play the black and ensure that the white and black did not fall off the table!

Comment

Originally Posted by Cyril
      John Parrott has always been excellent at playing from under the cushion.
      That's true. That largely stems from the fact that he had 21 frames practising doing exactly that during a match he played in 1989. It has served him in good stead ever since.
      "If anybody can knock these three balls in, this man can."
      David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

Very true DG, as did many of Davis' opponents in the 80's!

Comment

We play on very slow cloths on our tables at our club. Thats why I like normally, to play off the cussions instead of relying on getting the perfect Wieght.
          http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/398/stickmenzl3.gif

I wish someday, I will witness a 155 break.

Comment

Working...
          X