No announcement yet.

Washed set of 1G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahaha, in the flaming dishwasher. I use a lint free cloth with just warm water, not even polish.
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

Comment

Throtts method is what I do most. Every 4 months or so I'll use the Aramith ball cleaner.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ricky2112;869842]
        Originally Posted by barrywhite
        He put a £200 set of balls in a dishwasher and he's still your friend?!

Wow, you can get Aramith ball cleaner for £8.

Please tell me he doesn't already have this but was feeling lazy?

Ye we have the Aramith ball cleaner. Lol
        WE WERE LAZY, and still mates.
        I have arthritis in my hands and it's hard just cleaning one ball with this stuff. I will try cleaning the White with the cleaner to see if it makes any difference?

Cheers Ricky
        Sorry, I didn't know that, please accept my apology. The surface of the Pheonolic has probably dried out (a reason to not use meths or turps as well folks). This may be making the balls 'crispy' and clunky. What I've had some success with (after someone washed some balls in hot water and washing up liquid) was a drop of vegetable oil on a rag rubbed all over each ball and left overnight. This lubricates the surface and some colour also returns. Don't use mineral oil. Rub off any residue the next day, then clean the balls with Aramith cleaner. Let me know how you get on.

Comment

Thanks for your help Barry
          Cheers Ricky

Comment

I once left my set (including cueball) submerged in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes and they came out in blotches which took a few weeks to fade away. They were very sluggish to play with and sounded different. Since that mistake I only ever clean them with a dry cloth and that's usually enough but a few times a year I would use glass polish on them and that made them sparkle like new. I even bought some referee gloves so they would stay clean for as long as possible because a kick is much less likely when they are clean and free of grease transferred from bare hands. The only time I got bad contacts was when I used water and polish on the cueball. I regretted that a lot because I couldn't pot a ball for weeks so I never did that again. I never let any liquid get anywhere near the cueball and only wipe it with a dry cloth. It's become quite dirty and stained over the years so a proper clean is probably needed.
            Last edited by MrRottweiler; 21 January 2016, 09:45 PM.
            www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
              I once left my set (including cueball) submerged in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes and they came out in blotches which took a few weeks to fade away. They were very sluggish to play with and sounded different. Since that mistake I only ever clean them with a dry cloth and that's usually enough but a few times a year I would use glass polish on them and that made them sparkle like new. I even bought some referee gloves so they would stay clean for as long as possible because a kick is much less likely when they are clean and free of grease transferred from bare hands. The only time I got bad contacts was when I used water and polish on the cueball. I regretted that a lot because I couldn't pot a ball for weeks so I never did that again. I never let any liquid get anywhere near the cueball and only wipe it with a dry cloth. It's become quite dirty and stained over the years so a proper clean is probably needed.
              Aramith cleaner is designed for Aramith balls. It cleans but it also nourishes the balls. It contains solvents that phenolic resin likes, it's food for your balls.

Comment

Working...
              X