No announcement yet.

Shaping a tip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have fitted a 11mm ADR147 tip to my 11mm cue and I used the bench grinder to shape it and i finished it off with a dime shaped tip tool. Took about 15 mins and i played with it a couple of hours later, job done with a perfect tip.

Comment

Shaping a tip?

Can't help but think that people go overboard these days! Glue, blade and sandpaper - job done.
      #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
        Can't help but think that people go overboard these days! Glue, blade and sandpaper - job done.
        Sandpaper to polish the ferrule , eh ?
        Right !!

How did you found out ? some one told you or you did figure it out all by your own ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
          Sandpaper to polish the ferrule , eh ?
          Right !!

How did you found out ? some one told you or you did figure it out all by your own ?
          What's your problem pal?
          #jeSuisByrom

Comment

What's your problem pal?
            *I guess this was the answer to my question hotshot !! Right ?
            Okey then !!

Comment

Shaping a tip?

Not a clue what you're on about, I'll leave you to it.
              #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Not a clue what you're on about, I'll leave you to it.
                I can'nt polish the ferrule with sandpaper.
                And just leave the ferrule after Re-tipping is not a good idea. Clean up the ferrule and polish it is a part of Re-tipping .
                looks like you have new ideas ( Glue, blade and sandpaper - job done. ).
                How do you do that? And did you learn this from your own experience or someone told you?
                I try learn something new here. that's all.

Comment

personally i don't feel the need to polish the ferrule when re-tipping. i tend to polish it when i'm playing crap and use an unpolished ferrule as an excuse

Comment

Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
                    personally i don't feel the need to polish the ferrule when re-tipping. i tend to polish it when i'm playing crap and use an unpolished ferrule as an excuse
                    Lol. I like that.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Good point !!

They polish and wax the ferrule in order to protect it from chalk. chalk is a chemical stuff. pro's doing this almost every day.
                      *A snooker player should keep his stuff neatly . It's part of the deal between crap players.
                      So at the end , *you (as a good player) do'nt have to worry about this part , indeed .

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                        Good point !!

They polish and wax the ferrule in order to protect it from chalk. chalk is a chemical stuff. pro's doing this almost every day.
                        *A snooker player should keep his stuff neatly . It's part of the deal between crap players.
                        So at the end , *you (as a good player) do'nt have to worry about this part , indeed .
                        Ramon I sense tense shoulders and angry disposition? This is far worse for snooker than oxidised ferrules.

Not sure of past history( member stuff). But maybe it is a good idea "taking the beef off the grill" to find snooker enlightenment? Peace! Don't shoot me please! ?
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                          Ramon I sense tense shoulders and angry disposition? This is far worse for snooker than oxidised ferrules.

Not sure of past history( member stuff). But maybe it is a good idea "taking the beef off the grill" to find snooker enlightenment? Peace! Don't shoot me please! ?
                          The limit of your present understanding is not the limit of your possibilities.

Hopfuly some day you undrstand that !!

Comment

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...2&d=1509631050

How do you get the tip so neat looking with a black finish round the edge?
                            " and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green. "

Comment

With a marker pen and tape the ferrule off.

Comment

[QUOTE=luke-h;944910]With a marker pen and tape the ferrule

Or buy a black adr tip.

Comment

Working...
                                X