No announcement yet.

Tip and Chalk issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have seen adr147 tips for sale but no mention of size...all they all 11mm?

Comment

Originally Posted by onelamper View Post
      Have seen adr147 tips for sale but no mention of size...all they all 11mm?
      Yes they are all 11mm easy enough to trim down to size though

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
        Yes they are all 11mm easy enough to trim down to size though
        What he said!
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Also...do laminated tips get harder with use(similar to Elks and bds etc)...

Comment

Yes, they do and one complaint against Kamui is the tips go harder and that's the finest lammy on the market. Maybe the only one that doesn't is the Talisman. To begin with, I'd say elks and BDs are too soft out the box on average so hardening them is a good thing.

Comment

All tips get harder with use, some more than others.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
                Yes, they do and one complaint against Kamui is the tips go harder and that's the finest lammy on the market. Maybe the only one that doesn't is the Talisman. To begin with, I'd say elks and BDs are too soft out the box on average so hardening them is a good thing.
                I have to disagree, all tips including Talisman will harden with use and imo Kamui aren't that great

Comment

I have to disagree, all tips including Talisman will harden with use and imo Kamui aren't that great
                  kamui are good until they split!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    kamui are good until they split!
                    Yeah that's why I stopped using them . They would split once they got a little low

Comment

I am having good results with the Elk pro at the moment with triangle chalk

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                        Yeah that's why I stopped using them . They would split once they got a little low
                        Yep - just as they were at their best!

Comment

Originally Posted by Madbox View Post
                          I am having good results with the Elk pro at the moment with triangle chalk
                          They are rather good but jolly expensive for an elk!

Comment

I've fitted quite a few Talisman tips and my punters say the tips are hard, even the M but soften up over age a little. This isn't the case with other lammys IME. Elk Pro, £8; expensive? Not really, considering even a basic lammy is £7 but the Cue Soul lammy at a few quid on ebay is a good tip and excellent value. If the player loves the tip, the tip is priceless. With Elk pro you get to choose hardness. But I'd just pick a hard one from a box and do the finger nail test or pay 50p online, give it a squeeze in a vice. The sensible pay their £8 and be done with it. As for ordinary elks, loved by pros the world over; the no. 1 tip choice of your pro, for very good reasons.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
                              I've fitted quite a few Talisman tips and my punters say the tips are hard, even the M but soften up over age a little. This isn't the case with other lammys IME. Elk Pro, £8; expensive? Not really, considering even a basic lammy is £7 but the Cue Soul lammy at a few quid on ebay is a good tip and excellent value. If the player loves the tip, the tip is priceless. With Elk pro you get to choose hardness. But I'd just pick a hard one from a box and do the finger nail test or pay 50p online, give it a squeeze in a vice. The sensible pay their £8 and be done with it. As for ordinary elks, loved by pros the world over; the no. 1 tip choice of your pro, for very good reasons.
                              Might seem to soften at first but they do harden with more use

Comment

Might seem to soften at first but they do harden with more use
                                I haven't heard that or experienced it but I will take your word as I know you know your cues and tips. Where did you get yours from Dave? Chetsworth was for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X