dominant eye vs line of aim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dominant eye vs line of aim

i had hard time figuring out what was wrong with my game, as recently it got worse
    i saw few coaches, and last month i saw my coach like 3 times

tried new grip, did hard work finding centre of the cueball, worked hard on my aim etc, but i always were missing pots way off the pocket

today i tried something new, as i am right eyed player, i tried to drop my right eye on the line of the aim, it felt that im twisting the head to the left, and suddenly i started potting balls, and the balls were hitting the jaw or mm away from the pocket

i am just wondering why this helped? does it mean i was always offline?
    when i went to coach, he said your cue is abit to the left of the chin, while im right eyed player
    but today after trying lining up with my right eye, the cue automatically was under the right eye, and my head was twisted to the left and it made it easier to find centre of the white etc

any thoughts?

thank you

Keep going and you will soon have paralysis from analysis
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Don't know if this is helpful or not, instead of adjusting your stance/grip/sighting while trying to pot things , put your phone at the opposite end of the table (set to record video) directly opposite of where you're cueing from and try and make the white come back to the tip of your cue. The video may help you find the fault.

Once you find the fault and have found a ideal setup, repeat it until grooved.

Comment

what do you mean? terry

Comment

thank u

Comment

I think TD is saying you are OVER analysing your game, with all the posts you have done.
            try to just enjoy your time playing
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

so he means i should quit the game ?

Comment

NO
                stop posting about your game

just play and enjoy
                and post when you need to

Comment

Originally Posted by mustafa.ansarie View Post
                  No I think Terry means you are just doing too many things and thinking about too many things at once.

You can overload your brain when learning.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                    No I think Terry means you are just doing too many things and thinking about too many things at once.

You can overload your brain when learning.
                    +1

Comment

be nice
                      forum is for questions

Comment

I would never tell anyone to quit the game.

What I was referring to is 2 things with the paralysis remark. First of all you should only work on ONE thing at a time and what you're doing is an indication you are seeking something that will provide you with a 'quick fix'. THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES IN SNOOKER OR IN ANY OTHER SPORT. It takes work.

Secondly, you can over-analyse your technique and end up screwing yourself and will be unable to improve. The game of snooker is all about CONSISTENCY. It you use the same technique (no matter how bad it is) which is close to what the coaches call 'normal' and you stick to it and use it with every frame and don't try to 'fine tune' things YOU WILL IMPROVE. Everyone is different and everyone will have a different technique, and none of them are necessarily 'bad'. (Well, some of them are but that's another argument)
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

be nice
                          forum is for questions
                          I was, see the smilies
                          just saying you are over thinking nearly every aspect of playing the game, this will only have a detrimental affect to your game as you will have (as Byrom said) TOO much going on in your mind when down on the shot that the shot will probably be bad
                          Last edited by DeanH; 20 April 2016, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X