Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highest Break Question

Story lads could someone help me clear this up

Right my embarrassing HB is 36 made years ago but for the last 9 months ive really been trying to improve seriously and am very close to beating it

so since its 36 am I a 30+ break player ?

if I beat it in practice on a routine does that then count as my HB ?

And if say i get a 41 am i then a 40+ break player ??

And I play frames alone in practice if i beat it then does it count as my HB ?

IMO. Your a 40 breaker if you make those breaks regular in matches against an opponents .

Example ... I make 60 70 80 breaks regular on the line up but make a bunch of 20s and some 30s in matches .

So I consider myself a 20- 30 break player .

Comment

Double post sorry

Comment

Personally I only count high breaks if they're against an opponent, my highest for ages was also 36, then I got a 38 then 39 then broke into the 40's with a 41, equalled it a few days later then got a 44 then 48 and finally got an exact 50 which was the target id set myself, since had my highest break of 55. Only two 50+ breaks but I still see that as being a 50+ break player.

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
          IMO. Your a 40 breaker if you make those breaks regular in matches against an opponents .

Example ... I make 60 70 80 breaks regular on the line up but make a bunch of 20s and some 30s in matches .

So I consider myself a 20- 30 break player .
          I agree Catch 22, my high break is 112 and can make tons on line ups and make 50s 60s frequently but most the times its 30s and 40s so class myself as 50 breaker standard. Also I don't include anything but playing an opponent in a frame for counting a high break no routines.

Comment

Highest Break Question

Ah guessed it would be like that Ah well thanks lads

Comment

Originally Posted by Tommykiid View Post
              Ah guessed it would be like that Ah well thanks lads
              What happened to your table Tommy, the rips looked awful. Did you get it repaired?

Comment

I came in from work one day and the roof over the table leaked badly and in a panic i threw a heap of wood on it ( we couldn't afford a cover at the time ) but didn't catch that it had nails in it yeh getting a guy called Gerard from cork snooker to sew it and re-stretch it its not that bad to play on to be fair we got away as best we could but will be getting it done soon heartbroken when i saw it

Comment

I came in from work one day and the roof over the table leaked badly and in a panic i threw a heap of wood on it ( we couldn't afford a cover at the time ) but didn't catch that it had nails in it yeh getting a guy called Gerard from cork snooker to sew it and re-stretch it its not that bad to play on to be fair we got away as best we could but will be getting it done soon heartbroken when i saw it
                  Doesn't look too difficult to sew the rips yourself, couple videos on YouTube.

Comment

Rather leave it to the pros then risk it on my own table anyone elses cloth id give it a shot

Comment

Rather leave it to the pros then risk it on my own table anyone elses cloth id give it a shot
                      I suppose your right, having messed it up in first place it's no good making it worse.

Comment

Thats it man like were so into keeping the table well and stuff that we try to find rolls and table has to be cleaned every few hours ( no rolls on the table ) but we start imaging them were so focused on it drives me mental but in a good way couldn't handle my life I had to attempt to sew the cloth haha

Comment

Thats it man like were so into keeping the table well and stuff that we try to find rolls and table has to be cleaned every few hours ( no rolls on the table ) but we start imaging them were so focused on it drives me mental but in a good way couldn't handle my life I had to attempt to sew the cloth haha
                          Plenty players give out about bad rolls. Usually you have just misjudged the correct pace to get it in the pocket without worrying about deviation. Try to work out speed on your table just to make the pocket and hit it a little harder and always aim for the side of pocket with biggest margin of error unless you need to steal a bit to make position.

Comment

I have found that whatever breaks I regularly make in practise (open play, not line ups or routines) can be halved when it comes to a live match.

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
                              I have found that whatever breaks I regularly make in practise (open play, not line ups or routines) can be halved when it comes to a live match.
                              True for a lot of us I suspect

Comment

Working...
                              X