foul situations..what,how & foulpoints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) 7 point foul

2) I assume you mean that the white ball went in on your shot. Your opponent was entitled to play on for the black, until the point that you pocketed the white, but must still lose as he was more than 7 points behind. When only the black remains, the first foul or pot ends the frame. Therefore, once the white went in, that ended the frame. He therefore should have lost by 7 points and should not have been given the opportunity to pot the black, as the frame was already then over.

Moreover, when you came to the table 14 points ahead, you had the right as striker to claim the frame at that point without needing to play the black.
    "If anybody can knock these three balls in, this man can."
    David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

Ah thanks, so just to clarify. If your margin of victory is worth more than the 7 points for the black ball then you can end the game when its your shot?

Comment

Originally Posted by MasseMaster
        Ah thanks, so just to clarify. If your margin of victory is worth more than the 7 points for the black ball then you can end the game when its your shot?
        Yes, you can.
        David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

So coming back to the original question posed by Casualties, I guess the answer to situation one should be "1) Your opponent gets 6 because you were playing the pink. You dont get ANY points".

Yenjoy
          Jithun

Comment

Originally Posted by jithunnair
            So coming back to the original question posed by Casualties, I guess the answer to situation one should be "1) Your opponent gets 6 because you were playing the pink. You dont get ANY points".

Yenjoy
            Jithun
            Your opponent gets the 6 penalty points. You still get the one point for having legitimately potted a red on your previous shot (not for pocketing the red during the shot when you were aiming for the pink).

Comment

Oh yes, I missed the first red ! Thanks

Comment

2 more situations:

I pot a red, it goes in, the white continues it's way and pushes also the blue in.
                --> i get 6 points already and the next ball-on is a red one??

I pot a red. I slightly hit the pink but it doesn't make the cueball go off as cueball goes straight forward to black and black gets potted.

--> who gets points and how many? I think my partner gets 6 points for hitting the pink which wasn't ball-on (black was) and i don't get any points.

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally Posted by casualties
                  2 more situations:

I pot a red, it goes in, the white continues it's way and pushes also the blue in.
                  --> i get 6 points already and the next ball-on is a red one??

I pot a red. I slightly hit the pink but it doesn't make the cueball go off as cueball goes straight forward to black and black gets potted.

--> who gets points and how many? I think my partner gets 6 points for hitting the pink which wasn't ball-on (black was) and i don't get any points.

Thanks again!
                  Situation 1 - a foul of 5? points - you got 0 points.

Situation 2 - yep foul of 6.

Comment

Originally Posted by casualties
                    2 more situations:

-->
                    That's a foul for potting the blue when you were on a red. You get 0, give your opponent 5.
                    That is a foul 7 for hitting something else when you were on the black.

You give away EITHER the ball you hit (6) OR the ball you were on (7), whichever is the higher.

If pink and black were the other way round, it would still be 7.

But of course you still get the 1 point for the red in the previous shot.

Comment

The only other thing to remember is that any penalty points awarded are always subject to a minimum of 4 points. So, for example, if the ball on were yellow (2) and you hit green (3), the foul would be 4 points (not 2 or 3).

Comment

Working...
                      X