Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whose correct?

Hi Boys and Girls,

One player jaws the black which is the last ball on the table-ball stays on the table next to the pocket, however the white goes in off. This then puts both players on an equal score.

Player two places the white ball in the D to take his shot, however player that went in off states that the black ball has to be respotted.

Could somebody please clarify the rules here please?

Thanks

Yes the black is re spotted, however it is NOT necessarily his turn, you spin a coin to see who has choice

Comment

My understanding is that the game ends when the final black is either potted, or someone fouls. This means technically the game has ended, but as it's a draw the black is to be re-spotted and you flip to see who's turn it is. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Thanks

Now I know!

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Yes the black is re spotted, however it is NOT necessarily his turn, you spin a coin to see who has choice
          That's a rubbish rule. Only if the black is potted and in doing so a draw is made, should the black be re-spotted IMO but the rules say different. I know that fouls end these scenarios to stop the frame going on and on but I like a black potted as the finale. If someone fouls the re-spotted black, they lose the frame I believe and this is not a great outcome. In the above scenario, the frame can be finished without re-spotting the black. If that penalises the fouler, so be it, he shouldn't have fouled.

Comment

Big Splash,

I tend to agree with you- the player in question lost the most important game of his life because of this- not a fair rule, however, im sure there are plenty more injustices around the corner-

Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by nalimugmug View Post
              Big Splash,

I tend to agree with you- the player in question lost the most important game of his life because of this- not a fair rule, however, im sure there are plenty more injustices around the corner-

Thanks
              Karma in the one below. Not a great way to finish a match though, lacked the finality of potting the black.

Last edited by Big Splash!; 25 August 2016, 07:31 AM.

Comment

as I understand it, if by potting the last black it becomes a draw then you have a re spotted black, and flip a coin who gets control of the table.

in this scenario although there was a foul the in off on the black he didn't lose the game as he was 7 points ahead and the foul levelled the game. so the black gets put on its spot and you flip for control of the table.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                  That's a rubbish rule. Only if the black is potted and in doing so a draw is made, should the black be re-spotted IMO but the rules say different. I know that fouls end these scenarios to stop the frame going on and on but I like a black potted as the finale. If someone fouls the re-spotted black, they lose the frame I believe and this is not a great outcome. In the above scenario, the frame can be finished without re-spotting the black. If that penalises the fouler, so be it, he shouldn't have fouled.
                  Many frames end without the black being potted. In a significant number of frames, a player will have got to the stage where 'snookers' are required, and will concede.

ROS tried claiming the frame having made a break of 140, which he was perfectly entitled to do (when only the black remains and you're more than seven points in front).

If the points difference get close, why make it different and insist on the black being pocketed?
                  Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Working...
                  X